Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this head, as i'm thinking about upgrading to it.

Cheers
it's a very good head for the price, it's really versatile and can get almost any sound because of the blendable preamps, my only problem with it was that it sounded a bit compressed for my tastes, that's not a bad thing just not my thing. Otherwise i really liked it
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
It's a really nice head. Hartke make some seriously amazing cabs though (the aluminium cone ones), only they weigh a ton!
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Quote by Welsh Guitar
It's a really nice head. Hartke make some seriously amazing cabs though (the aluminium cone ones), only they weigh a ton!

all hartke cabs weigh a ton, i got the VX410 with paper cones and i can only barely carry it
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I own this Head, well, i actually own the original 3500. I run it through a Genz-Benz 212 neocab.

It sounds amazing. 10 band EQ, +LO and HI shelving knobs, compression, SS and tube type (can mix between both), active and passive inputs.I can say that this thing is a beast. Through my 212 i only have too put the volume at 2-3 and i'm competting with a drummer. Oh, and that is with SS down at 0 and tube on full. VERY LOUD This amp also makes a good power amp. Just switch of the EQ and you have a power amp with on-board compression and SS/Tube mix.

The 10 band EQ can produce ANY sound you want, its very flexable and you have as much feedom with your sound as you can get. The sliders aslo have each a red light on the which looks pretty snazzy, and very heplful on a dark-stage.

The onboard compression is the easiest compression i've ever worked with. With the help of a light that turns green and red, you can easily work around the point at which your sound peaks.

The SS/tube pre-amp is great. you can mix you SS and tube signal or just have Tube. Just remember, if you had SS on full and Tube on zero, your volume will be half what it could be.

I must say, the ONLY ever time i'm gonna sell this amp is too get the 500 watt version. I'm also going too replace the tube with an EHX 12ax7. Firstly for a mid-punch and the fact that my amp is well over 10 years old and i dont think the tube has been replaced.
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
Quote by pandathe3
I own this Head, well, i actually own the original 3500. I run it through a Genz-Benz 212 neocab.

It sounds amazing. 10 band EQ, +LO and HI shelving knobs, compression, SS and tube type (can mix between both), active and passive inputs.I can say that this thing is a beast. Through my 212 i only have too put the volume at 2-3 and i'm competting with a drummer. Oh, and that is with SS down at 0 and tube on full. VERY LOUD This amp also makes a good power amp. Just switch of the EQ and you have a power amp with on-board compression and SS/Tube mix.

The 10 band EQ can produce ANY sound you want, its very flexable and you have as much feedom with your sound as you can get. The sliders aslo have each a red light on the which looks pretty snazzy, and very heplful on a dark-stage.

The onboard compression is the easiest compression i've ever worked with. With the help of a light that turns green and red, you can easily work around the point at which your sound peaks.

The SS/tube pre-amp is great. you can mix you SS and tube signal or just have Tube. Just remember, if you had SS on full and Tube on zero, your volume will be half what it could be.

I must say, the ONLY ever time i'm gonna sell this amp is too get the 500 watt version. I'm also going too replace the tube with an EHX 12ax7. Firstly for a mid-punch and the fact that my amp is well over 10 years old and i dont think the tube has been replaced.

preamp tubes last a hell of a long time, i've got a 30 year old tube amp and the preamp tubes are still the originals and theres no problems with tone at all
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
hey mate, i've had a 3500a for bout a year now... aluminium cones are great, the tone is extremely versatile as someone said above... great for high end bass... and extremely good for punchy low end stuff
i run mine the 12x4 and 15 eminence cabs... i love it to death =)
I've had an eye on one of these for a while.. What's the tone like? Anyone got any sound clips?
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3
What basses do people own?

Someone mentioned it sounding 'compressed'? Maybe your either running a passive bass in the active jack, or your pick-ups are set too low on your bass. I had the second issue.
Another thing: If you have a double humbucker bass, you should have no problem with it sounding 'compressed'.

HAANZ: Hartke are well known for their tone being VERY flexible, allowing for any tone you want. Basically hartke does it all, just not the best at a single tone, like Ampeg gear. Changing the tube and using a pre-amp, whether it a rack, floor or bass pre's would be the way too get a specific tone you want. Don't get me wrong, this thing sounds amazing regardless. Its does have a ten band EQ........

I know hartke have their hydrive cabs; Half paper for low end and warmth and half aluminum for mids and punch. Why not purchase a VX1x15 (paper cones) and for you top cab a TP2x10 or TP4x10 (aluminum)? This would definitley save your wallet from burning and you'd have definitive low end and mids. Maybe even get the 2x10 cab with the 5" tweeter for your highs

P.S: SkaterDan: I did not realise this. Regardless, Tubes are cheap and i want too experiment. I want to get a gold plated tips, cyro, EHX tube. Too get this it would cost me as much as the postage on ebay (around 15-18 pounds) too get it from USA. Mayaswel go full on if im gonna get a tube, it only cost and extra 5 pouds at most.
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
alright sounds good, ill probs being getting this in the near future then. Do you know if it will work with the VX410 and the VX115, i already have these cabs you see and dont really wanna replace them.
It will work fine with them, perfectly infact. Not a bad choice.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul