Hello! Today I finished my new rig ;D

I have an MXR M-108 EQ, and I wanted a distortion pedal. So I figured a Metal Muff would be enough for me, then I thought about it and bought a pocket one instead, since I don't need the EQ and I can "top boost" myself with the EQ, if I ever need it, don't think I will. Did I make the right choice?

I'm thrilled to be done with this crap
What is your amp?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I have the full size one and I love it.
New Setup:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black SG w/ 3 Hum.)
Peavey Classic 50
EHX Metal Muff
Cry Baby 535Q

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to"
Jimi Hendrix
I too have the full sized one and use it for when I bring a little bass amp to school as my Mesa would be too loud...works well for what I use it for. As for if you made a good choice, that is really up to you...

I havent tried the pocket version at all but if you like it that's all that really matters.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I can't try it right now, and even if I could I would not be able to compare... My question, really, was, are there any other differences between the pocket and regular metal muff other than the EQ and top boost?
It just gives you more option when shaping your tone. In a perfect world you'd EQ your signal at every stage, pre effect(s), post effect(s) and in the FX loop.
The MM with Top boost EQ hit's the signal post distortion and pre-boost.
The top boost is just a treble boost....I think it is useless as it adds TOO much treble. As for the EQ, it is nice to have for toneshaping in the circuit itself. But since you have a 10-band, you should be fine. I don't know, like I said, it is up to you. When you can try it out...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I always thought that too much equalizing is not good at all
Last edited by Mosho2 at Feb 11, 2009,
You can never have enough EQ'ing
Gibson Les Paul Studio