Hey UGer's,

I have here for you a review I did of my Marshall 2203KK. Check the description for more info, or feel free to ask me questions about it here!

I do not have it anymore, I traded it for a Splawn Nitro (which should be coming in a few days!), but I figured I should document this awesome amp before I let it go.

The sound quality sucks, I know, it really takes away a lot from the amp, but you can get the general idea. It sounds so much better in person of course. The mic couldn't handle the power and volume, as well as the huge low end from my amp/cab.

The video is split into two parts, one covering the JCM 800 mode WITH CLEANS!!! This amp CAN do cleans, you just have to dial it in correctly and know how to use your volume control on your guitar.

The second part is the super high gain Beast mode, the part most people are interested in.

Excuse the playing as well, this was to demonstrate the tone of the amp, not my playing

Part 1: JCM 800 mode AND CLEANS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XguhMZGOETE

Part 2: THE BEAST MODE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlvdVTqzPwM

Let me know what you think
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
Last edited by Khoifish321 at Feb 11, 2009,
Nothing wrong with you at all - you seem a competent player.

I've owned a JEM - which like that guitar - is just a pain in the ass tbh.

That H/S/H setup cannot be worse - ever.

I really don't like that amp - it does Slayer - early Megadeth and not much else - i think it is a cash cow.

Good review. You seem a nice guy unlike so many youtube fools. You speak a lot of truth.

I just dont like the amp - id go for a four input JCM800 and boost it with (various pedals) umm S.D T.T for now.

Well done.
I got it for a GREAT price so I jumped on it.

I've honestly never even listened to Slayer or any of those metal bands, the most metal I listen to is Racer X.

I'm going to change my pickups to a Tone Zone in the bridge and possibly an Air Norton on the neck. Right now, the Tone Zone is my priority. PAF Pros are really not good with this amp.

but now, it's gone. I certainly liked it more than my 5150 and my Single Rec I had before.
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
That is an interesting comment.

If i had a 5150 at a good volume - id choose that over it - that is just me.

Some V.H. sort of tone within there.

Have you looked at Laneys? Or Peaveys?
I'm just not a fan of the 5150 honestly. When I got it, I wanted to trade it for a XXX, I really liked that for some reason, and I still do despite what others say. I might have to add that the 5150 I had was the combo, the head didn't seem too different when I played it at the store though.

I haven't had a chance to try Laneys, they don't have many of them around my area, but I would really love to try the GH50L/GH100L, and the VC50.

I really like the Marshall flavor, but I didn't like any of the Marshalls I've played (DSL, TSL, JVM, Vintage Modern, Plexi), but then again I haven't had the chance to crank one up, only store volume. That's one great thing about this amp, I can get a pretty raw tone at a low volume.

The cabinet/speaker changed this amp a lot. I had a Splawn OS212 with Eminence Legend V12s which I traded for the Orange 212 I have now. It sounded much more open, and somewhat a bit buzzier with the Legend V12s. Now with the Orange, it sounded far more compressed and darker, and slightly fuzzier if that makes sense. The first thing I noticed with the Orange cab was the kick it gave. There was so much "umph" in the notes; the note definition was awesome. Cranking it up to about 8'o clock, you could feel every single note in your chest as you played. The louder this amp is, the better the definition.
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Last edited by Khoifish321 at Feb 11, 2009,
Ah, like i thought - that is fair enough - sounds like you should never have got that amp! haha

I understand what you are saying!

Ebay? But you must go there if you are wanting to try those sounds.
haha yeah, it was really a spur of the moment thing! I even had to borrow the money from my brother since I didn't have it at the time, but I really had nothing at all to lose. For $950, you can't go wrong (They run for $1900 USD new, and see them all the time on eBay for $1300-$1400).
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
I'll be sure to get another one up when I get my Splawn Nitro
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
btw please rate the video if you can
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE