Hey guys and girls... i gues..

i was wondering what you guys think i should get. I have been playing guitar now for almost a year and am using the Fender Squire Strat Affinity series. My amp also is the 15W Fender Frontman (part of the starter). What do you guys suggest i should get.. a pedal (Line 6 floor pod plus) or a new guitar???

I dont record or gig, but i do chill with friends and play (jam) so what do you guys suggest?

If you guys think i hsould get a guitar.. which one?? i like The Jem series for Ibanez or the Kelly for jackson or Ibanez PGM (paul gilbert fan).
Quote by Lollage123
Ugh, Neither, get a good ****ing amp first. Tone = Amp:Tone>New Guitar.

+1, I knew someone was going to say that.

Depending on what your budget is, I'd start looking for lower wattage tube amps, but if you're talking about getting Ibanez JEMs and PGs, get a nice tube combo first.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
It depends

Does every fret sound clearly on your guitar? no buzzing? comfortable to play?

If all those are good get a new amp, if those aren't then a new guitar
May i reccomend looking at schecters for your new guitar?
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
Well unless you plan on recording or such soon, I'd get a new guitar.
I own an ibanez and would definately recommend them.
Dont know what the Frontman amp sounds like but the other post might have a point.
I used a use a QTX amp (from a starter) then i got a Marshall. My ibanez sounds amazing through the Marshall and **** though the QTX. It does make a difference.
But its up to you.
Quote by 4RY4N4
Well unless you plan on recording or such soon, I'd get a new guitar.
I own an ibanez and would definately recommend them.
Dont know what the Frontman amp sounds like but the other post might have a point.
I used a use a QTX amp (from a starter) then i got a Marshall. My ibanez sounds amazing through the Marshall and **** though the QTX. It does make a difference.
But its up to you.

Let me guess, the MG.

And no, don't get a new guitar.

Amp is 10.000 times more important. When you've been playing for another year, or maybe 2, then you can shop for a new guitar.
If you've only been playing a year, I wouldn't recommend anything yet until you know where your playing will take you. It'll save you some money in the long run. As opposed to other people on this site, I'm a fan of guitars more than amps. I play differently depending on the guitar I'm playing. Different guitars do different things better than other guitars. I feel like it helps you become a more well-rounded guitarist. But a good MFX and a good clean amp is also good too. I would recommend something better than that POD and for a guitar, just get an RG Prestige, don't spend the extra money for a sig.
Quote by Y00p
Let me guess, the MG.

Yeah.

Noticed you have a LTD. I'm going to buy a LTD EC 1000 but i dont know any one who owns an LTD. Are they any good?
They're great if that's what your looking for. Les Paul shape with EMGs equals double lose for me. But it does sound great for metal, it's comfortable, and it's good quality. No complaints except those personal ones.
Well the guitars you listed are about £600+ in the UK at least so why not get a £300 Amp and £300 Guitar. Will pwn your current setup in every way. You dont need Multi Fx. PODs are mainly for silent practace and recording IMO - Nothing beats a 'real' amp for Gigs and Jams when you are alowed to push air. Thats opinion though.
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Squier Stratocaster Affinity HSS
No-Name Wesley Fat Strat copy
Peavey Rage 158
Get a new amp as some have said unless your guitar is just horribly uncomfortable for you to play like my first guitar was.

EDIT: Your tone imo is 60% amp and 40% guitar
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Feb 11, 2009,
Quote by 4RY4N4
Yeah.

Noticed you have a LTD. I'm going to buy a LTD EC 1000 but i dont know any one who owns an LTD. Are they any good?

That wasn't a 'Yeah. '-worthy comment, my friend... An MG is really nothing to be proud about.

And the LTD's are great, I can't recommend them enough. However, they won't do you good with that amp, so instead, go and buy a better amp. But let us not hijack this thread. If you want to know more about LTD's, you can PM me, and if you need to know more about amps, you can post in the Gear forum.