Hey, I have the opportunity to get one of these for £110 its just over 2 years old and in good condition.
Currently I use a Marshall Voiced Valve Junior, a Cube 20x and a Behringer LX1200H digital 120W head into a 1x12" but thats not important, just to give an idea that im mostly a SS amp guy.

Is this a good amp? Is this a worthy tube/valve amp?

Thanks
AVTs arent full-tube amps. They are pretty much SS amps with a tube or two in the preamp. You dont get those sweet tube amp tones, and the amps themselves arent very good. If you would like a nice tube amp, Id sell your Cube and Behringer (at least the Behringer) and look for a full-tube head, perhaps a Laney.
Yeah I know its a hybrid, but I prefer the reliability of SS, plus im more experienced with modding SS

Thanks for the replies
no.......it sucks just like the MG........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

A bad workman blames his tools.

[/END MG DISCUSSION]
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

Dude, we get it, you think the MG sucks.

Anyway to the TS, I can get some very good, usable tones out of the AVT. I still use mine on a regular basis, even though I have a tube amp. Does it sound as good as my tube rig? Hell no, but considering it cost about a 4th of my JTM45, I don't think I can complain much. For your price range, I do not really think there is a tube amp that sounds any better to be honest.
Last edited by al112987 at Feb 11, 2009,
it's probably the best youre going to do for £110

if i were you i'd just save for something which you wont outgrown in a few months
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by Entrant_21
A bad workman blames his tools.

[/END MG DISCUSSION]

A bad workman is happy with what he has instead of striving to put out a better product at all times as well.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
A bad workman is happy with what he has instead of striving to put out a better product at all times as well.

Would you like to name a better amp for the price the TS is talking about?
Quote by Raijouta

That confuses me a bit.. Do you mean that a bad workman is happy with what he has, where a good workman has to change all the time?

I read some reviews on the amp and a lot of them are positive. I'm an experienced audio electronics modder and have my own plans for thsi amp.

apparently the clean section isn't great due to lack of mids knob and not being sharp enough. I'm going to address this by putting in a full fender tonestack for a much more familiar clean response, as well as some other mods throughout for more gain, clarity etc.

I thnk I'm gonna go for it, thanks for the input everyone. I'll let you all know how I get on.
It's a decent amp. Mine is the older VS2000. It does sound richer than my Crate GFX 65. But its all opinion. I bet there are some who prefer the dirty fuzz of the Crate for thrash metal stuff. The speaker is probably about as good as a Rocket 50, so if you upgrade that it might not spike at higher volumes like mine. I was able to get the Angus Young sound out of it, and so far reliable.
Quote by h82crash
It's a decent amp. Mine is the older VS2000. It does sound richer than my Crate GFX 65. But its all opinion. I bet there are some who prefer the dirty fuzz of the Crate for thrash metal stuff. The speaker is probably about as good as a Rocket 50, so if you upgrade that it might not spike at higher volumes like mine. I was able to get the Angus Young sound out of it, and so far reliable.

The speaker actually IS a rocket 50 and it sucks hard.