Two for the same pickup, or one per pickup in a two-pickup system?

Edit: You could have master and individual controls for fine-adjusting, or different pot tapers.. then with tone, you could use different caps to bleed different frequencies with each pot.
Last edited by -MintSauce- at Feb 11, 2009,
One pot per pickup. So you have one volume for bridge, one for neck. Same with tone. That's for 2 pickups at least.
In a Strat setup with 1vol 2tone, you get one master volume, and one tone knob for bridge+middle and one for neck+middle. (I may be wrong. Correct me if I am).
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Each volume knob works a diferent pickup so with 2 volumes you can turn one pickup up and the other all the way down and use the pickup selector as a killswitch by switching to the pickup turned down. Sometimes the pickups have different output levels so 2 volumes help to even them out. And with 2 tones sometimes one pickup sounds brighter than the other and you can adjust them to suit your needs.
^no problem.

and even cooler, when wired right, and with both pups on, the volumes can be used almost as blend pots...little more from the bridge, little less from the neck, etc...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
with 2 volume pots (1 for each pickup) it opens up a broader range of tones when i roll back the knob on either pickup. that is when both pickups are activated. only really noticable on cleaner settings
I only use one amp channel, so when I want a cleaner sound I switch to the neck pickup (a p-90 sized Humbucker) and have the volume backed off on it to 2/3.

I keep my tone pots maxed out, but I suppose you would have the same principle for that as well.
Quote by Baby Joel
One pot per pickup. So you have one volume for bridge, one for neck. Same with tone. That's for 2 pickups at least.
In a Strat setup with 1vol 2tone, you get one master volume, and one tone knob for bridge+middle and one for neck+middle. (I may be wrong. Correct me if I am).

Uhm, one tone is for middle and the other is for the neck
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Strats have 2 tone, middle and neck pickups, for saying there are more of them, it does a lot less (well, if you don't know how to use 'em)
and then guitars like les pauls, have one for each pickup.

Two tone knobs for one pickup would be mighty pointless.