I'd like to extend the wire that grounds to the bridge in my guitar. I've got a power cord from an old alarm clock sitting around. Would that work or would it be the wring type of wire?
I'm pretty sure that any type of conductive wiring with some insulation on it will work fine. So if your alarm clock wire is metal with plastic on the outside of it, you should be good!
im confused.... U want to take off the ground wire on the bridge of the guitar and make it longer with wire from an alarm clock? I dont see what your trying to do
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I just want to extend it so that I can work under the pickguard without desoldering it. As it is, I can't really get to the pots underneath.
Quote by cutslikedrugsx
I just want to extend it so that I can work under the pickguard without desoldering it. As it is, I can't really get to the pots underneath.

Ah-hah, I hate that problem.

I'd re-run the entire length, soldering two wire ends together is difficult and usually produces noise.

Just use any shielded, braided hook-up wire around 22 gauge.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
I need an alarm clock that is compact and which has functional uses. Do you know any site that I can take a look at that has a range of clocks that I can choose from?
Hi MasonMorales,

That’s a good question. With today’s fast-paced life we need to be on time to keep up with a competitive world. This site has benefitted me greatly. Take a look at: www.shakeawake.com.