Hey everyone,
I recently bought a Valveking head, but I can't decide which cab I want for it.
Any recommendations?

I generally play deathcore but occasionally play technical stuff like Necrophagist.
My band plays in drop G# if that makes a difference.
Without knowing your budget I would say a Mesa or Vader
ohai little sig.
id go with vader but a valveking cant really do metal WITHOUT the proper mods...........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Something with Vintage-30 ish speakers. As far as I'm concerned they're the best speakers for metal around. I have a Madison cabinet with V30's and it kicks ass. Look into a Line 6 Spider Valve head. They come with v30's at a good price brand new I believe.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
err spider valve cab. Sorry about that.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
Definitely go with Mesa or anything with Vintage 30s basically. Yes the Line 6 412VS does have V30s in them, but Mesas are extended cab which gives you better bass response and are definitely one of the best cabs for metal.
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
Thats true but he didn't give a budget and some people already said Vader and Mesa so I thought I'd throw something a little cheaper out there. But seriously. Vintage 30's. Also with my valveking I had to use a Bad Monkey which later turned into a TS9 before it even thought about doing metal for my taste. Maybe look into a nice front end boost as well.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
Sorry, I'm getting $450 for my tax refund, but I may spend more. I really want a Vader Cab, but I don't really wanna spend more on my cab than on my head haha.
I guess I'll say $500-$550 budget.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^Then possibly take back the head and save up for something made for metal.

That's actually a really good option. The head is what, 400 bucks? Add that to the 450 and you have 850 to look for an amp, plenty to find something that'll do death metal better than a valveking
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
take back the VK and look for a USED
Peavey XXX combo
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo
Mesa/Boogie DC-5 combo
Krank Rev Jr pro.......

these amps does Black Metal better than the VK
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Kevin Saale
That's actually a really good option. The head is what, 400 bucks? Add that to the 450 and you have 850 to look for an amp, plenty to find something that'll do death metal better than a valveking

Actually it was almost 600 after taxes.

Then I'd have 1050 and still no cab.
1050 = More than enough to get a decent head and cab used.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by mike.h
1050 = More than enough to get a decent head and cab used.

Well the only used amps I'll consider buying are a 5150 or a Mark IV, so it's really not XP
You can definitely get a 5150/6505 in your price range and still have enough for a cab.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Yeah I got my 6505 used for $550 so $500 is plenty to get a nice used cabinet.
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
i'm going to go out on a limb and suggest a bass 4x10 cab. you're playing 4 semitones higher than a standard bass guitar so you might as well use a cab designed for that frequency range
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Well the only thing is I have to find someone willing to buy the Valveking for the price, or very close to it, that I paid for it.
I took it out of the box and took a picture of it haha. I haven't touched any of the knobs or switches or even taken the power cord out of the bag it's it.
Quote by Vandals572
Can you return it?

IDK.
I don't think so. Doesn't Guitar Center's 30-day warranty start the day you ordered it?
Cause I ordered it and it took more than 30 days before it even got to my house.
I'm guessing it starts when it gets to your house. Try emailing them or something.
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
You can definately send that thing back man. Whether you can your money back or not I don't know. But if you haven't even turned it on or anything....You can probably send it back.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
Quote by H_ngm_n
You can definately send that thing back man. Whether you can your money back or not I don't know. But if you haven't even turned it on or anything....You can probably send it back.

I did send in the extended warranty though, dunno if that makes a difference?

I was originally gonna get a Dual Recto, but I got laid off and wanted an amp.
I ordered this on impulse. I want the Dual Recto =[. Or a 5150 haha.
Alright everyone I called Guitar Center and they said I can still return it.
I found a 5150 on craigslist in my area for $500 and I'm gonna get that if someone already hasn't done that.

What would be a good cab for it?
As I said I'll have about a $450 budget.

Thanks
Vader cabs are highly recommended for metal. A Mesa cab would be a good choice as well.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
VADER
marshall cabs sound good too, for a good price
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION