Hello people.

As some of you may know, I am giving my MG half stack to my local shop and am buying a $650> tube amp.

I am mainly planning on buying a JCM 2000 combo which is $600.

Then, I was browsing eBay and noticed that a JCM 900 heads are $600 - $700 used. I can afford that, even if I have to save up some extra money depending on how much the shop gives me for my MG.

A JCM 900 1960 cab I found is $475 buy-it-now.

Which do you think I should buy? Should I just buy the combo or fork up some money for the half stack?

The combo is fine but there is something about how half stacks sound and even look that is so ****ing awesome?

Which one do you guys think I should buy?
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
What kind of music do you play?

It's probably a good idea to scrounge around on Ebay for a 900 combo, nonetheless.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by SSL27
What kind of music do you play?

I play all kinds of punk with my band and play hard rock and metal for fun. If it isn't the best for metal that doesn't concern me much, it is probably my least played genre.

Don't suggest other amps people, I know what I want to do and I know I love JCM's.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
Go with a 900 combo and spend the extra money on pedals
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Yeah I think I will go with the combo and buy some other stuff. I do need that Phase 90 and the BF-3.

I should have a good tube combo to keep around and use so that the smallest amp I have would be an MG15.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
You don't even have to get the marshall fitted cab, any 4*12 would do fine, as long as the speakers are the same as what's in the marshall, you could get a 4*12 loaded with 4 V30s (what's usual in marshall cabs).

I'd say try both, because some might prefer still the jcm2000's sound, even if it looks cool, the sound is still what matters, and forking 1000 $ or 600 is still a big difference.

Stacks are nonetheless easier to carry around, cabs and heads are separate wheight, while tube combos are not the easiest thing to carry around, the headroom and cranked response is also pretty different, since you don't have as many speakers.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
^^The JCM 2000 combo is at a local shop, so that would be easier to pay for.

Yet, stacks are ****ing awesome. They have this certain tone to them that sounds great. Like you said, carrying them seperately might be easier than carrying a combo.

I will go by how much money the shop gives me for my MG.

EDIT: I just realized that I have to get the combo. I need an amp within 2 weeks to use for a school project and I wouldn't be able to get the half stack that fast.

I will just stay safe and get the JCM 2000 Combo so I won't have to use an MG15 (my current bedroom amp, not the MG I am trading in) for that school project.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
Last edited by tmfiore at Feb 11, 2009,