Wow, usually I detest Malmsteen, but I sort of like his shred-blues. A nice change from the usual slow blues you often hear.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by ToalNOOB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM2rXBODKBs

Of course it is essential to know that this is all blues rooted and is in no way neo classicalized.

Bonjour my fellow guitarists.
Tapping? Blues playing with shred tapping? Good grief.

Though if these is one video of Yngwie's 'blues' to make you rage, it's THIS. Every time I see that kick I feel the sudden urge to punch a kitten.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by necrosis1193
Wow, usually I detest Malmsteen, but I sort of like his shred-blues. A nice change from the usual slow blues you often hear.

I tend to agree, but his crazy speed on the first one just sounds a little weird to my ears. I'm liking the second one though.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
There was a time when I couldn't stand the man, but I've come to really like him. As soon as I looked past his egotistic attitude, he was hilarious, and an amazing guitarist.

He doesn't play fast to show off. He plays fast because that's how he is. Rather than epic bends and more physical emotion, he shreds to express. Look at John Petrucci, he's pretty much a board on stage, he expresses through his guitar.

And that version of Red House is pretty bloody good, especially since it's a tribute to Jimi.
i've seen this before, to be honest i don't like Yngwie's playing, it reminds me of pure wankery. as talented as he may be, his phrasing doesn't agree with my ears. he was born to play classical covers...and that's it.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by MrFlibble
Tapping? Blues playing with shred tapping? Good grief.

ever hear of Gary Moore?

besides i think it sounds classy, like it fits in with modern guitar, and its a more modern take on blues playing
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
I'm sorry folks, but adding a blues backing track does not make it the blues. You see, this is the blues:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGLmZCZ1sXY

"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Quote by xifr
I'm sorry folks, but adding a blues backing track does not make it the blues. You see, this is the blues:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGLmZCZ1sXY

technically, scales & chord progressions make it blues,
but I'll agree that Yngwie kind of misses the point, the feeling,
but he's talented as ****, and those tracks are infact blues, they're blues for all the wrong reasons, but they're blues
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Yes exactly, they are blues, but not the blues.

"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
its blues guitar playing, in theory, but yeh he's missing the 'actual' point of blues, but i dont think he's going for that in the video
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg