So we got our band off the ground finally. I'm the lead singer and songwriter, as well as rythm guitarist. I've gotten about three songs written, and (of course lol) I think they really came out good.

The problem?

We have two other members in band, working on a drummer. But our lead guitarist is less skilled than i am, and our bassist has been playing 2 weeks. Could this create a problem? I'm by no means incredible at guitar, but I'm far above the other two.
Your bassist needs time to develope, don't rush things, let him get better.
At this point he should only be able to play stuff on a System of a Down or Mindless Self Indulgence level. Perhaps not even that? e_e
Definatly not even that, I'd be amazed if they could play a straight quarter note beat. TS, are you playing music because it's fun or because it is your living. If option A is the case, than get the most fun you can out of it, which is almost always playing with guys you like, ****ty or not. If you are in it for the money (not to be seen in a negative context, everyones gotta work), then you need new musicians.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
It depends on what you are trying to accomplish musically. If the others are unable to play the material that you want to play then obviously it's a big problem. It sounds like your band hasn't been together for very long though. I think it would be best to give both of them a chance to improve first.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
I have the same problem as you, except that my bassist is taking alot of lessons. I dont know how fast your bassist is learning but I think give him a chance. And as far as the lead guitarist goes, if hes really creative, then I would keep him too
Looking For Guitarist on Vancouver Island in the Parksville Nanaimo area
Quote by Mekchrious
So we got our band off the ground finally. I'm the lead singer and songwriter, as well as rythm guitarist. I've gotten about three songs written, and (of course lol) I think they really came out good.

The problem?

We have two other members in band, working on a drummer. But our lead guitarist is less skilled than i am, and our bassist has been playing 2 weeks. Could this create a problem? I'm by no means incredible at guitar, but I'm far above the other two.

First band? Inexperienced members? Beginner levels of playing?
Just be patient, everyone has to start somewhere, so teach the other guitarist and bassist what you know to get them more up to your speed and then you can all develop your abilities together, which is a lot better that developing playing ability on your own in your bedroom because playing on your own is one thing, but playing with someone else is a different thing altogether.

Good luck with the drummer, but if you can't find one, get a drum machine for now so you guys have a steady beat to practice to, it'll make you tighter for when you do find a drummer.