Hey im o=looking for a new little pratice amp to buy around 100 bucks. Im not sure whether to get the LIne6 III 15w or the Peavey Vypyr 15w.
Im looking for sound like avenged sevenfold and stuff like that...

My current gear is Epi LP standard, fenderfrontman 15w (the beginner amp that every1 gets to start off), and Metal muff with Overdrive.

So can anyone tell me which one i should get or suggest another one? PLEASE DONT BASH THAT Avenged Sevenfold SUCKS, IDC WHAT YOUR OPINIONS ARE : )
Vypyr 15
/thread

IF you have some more money you should buy the Vypyr 30 + sanpera II footswitch for more options.....
and you dont need the muff if you are buying the vypyr, it has plenty of amp models that blows away the muff........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Feb 11, 2009,
o ok well i bought the metal muff since the distortion on the frontman sucked n didnt last long. Thanks on the imput, im on peavey.com right now looking at all the vypyr series and they look really promising
the peavy vyper seems to get a good liking compared to the line 6 but you should try both and get the one you like most
i think that your metal muff should suffice until you can afford a non-modeling amp. just my two cents
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
The Vypyr is alot better than the Spider. If you can get the Vypyr 30 it has more effects, it's compatible with the Sanpera pedals Peavey makes for the Vypyr series (except the 15), the 30 is updatable and the 15 is not and the 30 has a 12 inch speaker that sounds better than the 8 inch speaker in the 15.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
The Vypyr is alot better than the Spider. If you can get the Vypyr 30 it has more effects, it's compatible with the Sanpera pedals Peavey makes for the Vypyr series (except the 15), the 30 is updatable and the 15 is not and the 30 has a 12 inch speaker that sounds better than the 8 inch speaker in the 15.

+1... Not to mention the 8" speaker isn't even a Blue Marvel (not a bad speaker but not too great either), it's some junk they made.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The Vypyrs pretty good, although you might get some buzzy vibrating sound with palm mutes, well mine does.
The Vypyr 15's 8" speaker is pretty lame, but the cab is big enough to easily accommodate a 10". I upgraded mine to a 10". But the 30 is a better deal. I got the 15 for it's small size and light weight.
try em both out and find out for yourself. Your not going to get a non-biased answer regarding spiders on this forum. Spiders tend to distort and the speakers blurp when cranked to high volumes. They also do not take pedals well at all. Not even a eq pedal will work on a spider 3. I have not tried the vyper but most seem to like it and some do not. Either way your getting a 15 watt amp so neither are going to sound all that great. You should save up some more money and buy some mid-range gear.
\\-,-// Favorite Bands \\-,-//
Chimaira, Hatebreed, Bury Your Dead, Norma Jean, The Devil Wears Pradda, Poison the Well, COB, As I Lay Dying, Underoath, Parkway Drive, Pantera, Metallica, Exodus, Necrophagia, Testament, Unearth
I'm trying to get a Vypyr 30 myself with a Sanpera I. One thing that isn't always clear is that the Vypyr15 DOESN'T come with stompbox models, only amp and rack effects. As someone else mentioned it doesn't have the MIDI port either, so you can update the software or use a pedal. Get the 30.
Gear
Ibanez RG321MH MOL - For Sale
Peavey Vypyr 30
Go for the Peavy, I like line 6 but. Yeah. The lower wattage amps sound very rough... Hence why i want to get rid of my 75HD head. and get the 150.
Gibson 1972 SG Pro T-Top Bridge, P90 Neck
Dean DBD T ML
Jackson JS30RR EMGs 85-81
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Line6 Spider III HD75 Head - Behringer 412
Saving for a Marshall JCM 800.
Quote by Rtard_GWARRIOR
Go for the Peavy, I like line 6 but. Yeah. The lower wattage amps sound very rough... Hence why i want to get rid of my 75HD head. and get the 150.

^^ I have the 150 and I love it. it sounds really great. but it overheats if you play too long.

guys, the TS is looking for a little 15 watt modeling amp. to practice with. and if he wants a 15 watt amp, then volume may be an issue in his house or apartment. otherwise, anyone would get a higher wattage amp.

I've never used a vypyr, but everyone here seems to love them. But I love line 6 stuff too. I think you'll be happy either way.
Quote by Sonic Blast
^^ I have the 150 and I love it. it sounds really great. but it overheats if you play too long.

Yeah, my buddy has one, Theres a HUGE tone difference. the 75 sounds like to the 150, Like a MG sounds to a JCM800.
Gibson 1972 SG Pro T-Top Bridge, P90 Neck
Dean DBD T ML
Jackson JS30RR EMGs 85-81
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Line6 Spider III HD75 Head - Behringer 412
Saving for a Marshall JCM 800.
Quote by Rtard_GWARRIOR
Yeah, my buddy has one, Theres a HUGE tone difference. the 75 sounds like to the 150, Like a MG sounds to a JCM800.

very true
Quote by mostly I hate u
try em both out and find out for yourself. Your not going to get a non-biased answer regarding spiders on this forum. Spiders tend to distort and the speakers blurp when cranked to high volumes. They also do not take pedals well at all. Not even a eq pedal will work on a spider 3. I have not tried the vyper but most seem to like it and some do not. Either way your getting a 15 watt amp so neither are going to sound all that great. You should save up some more money and buy some mid-range gear.

Just to comment, higher wattage =/= better tone.

Just sayin'
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Rtard_GWARRIOR

...Get a vypyr tube 120 Head... It'll sound better AND be louder!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Get the Vypyr. I've got the 15 watter and it sounds great. It has way more amp models than the Spider, more effects (you can run 3 at one time as opposed to 1 on the Spider), and it doesn't sound very digital. The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't use a footswitch with it.