I want to get my strat painted like the monterey pop strat and i am wondering where i can get that done? i live in green bay wisconsin and i am willing to take it any where in northern wisconsin and the southern U.P.
A Car/body shop might do it, cant imagine it would be cheap though...

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
i mean i would like to do it myself but i'm just not confident enough in myself to do it. the guitar just cost too much and i don't want to **** it up. can any of you give me some help in doing this? like painting the fade from red to white?
You can't **** up a guitar by messing up the paint. You just sand and try again. Plus, you won't have to freehand it. Print a picture of the Monterey in full scale, get some carbon paper to put under it, and go to town.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Any airbrush place will do it for you. If you can't find an airbrush place, where else would you look for artists that like Jimi Hendrix? You guessed it! Tattoo shops!

Also, if you live in Green Bay, I'm sure there's plenty of body shops near you. Like everywhere in the rust belt, I guess. It's not a bad idea to ask someone like that about clearcoat once you've got the design on there.

In my experience, those guys like to see interesting projects come through the shop and if they spray your guitar at the same time they've already got the gun out and full of clearcoat for a car, it's not going to take them much time.
Setup and cleanup takes so much more time than actually painting, and if they're gonna do it anyway, why not spray a guitar?

Good luck dude!
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
Last edited by Rebelw/outaCord at Feb 11, 2009,
Quote by AlexHiltunen1
i mean i would like to do it myself but i'm just not confident enough in myself to do it.

There's only one way you will get confident...

I messed my first paint job up, so what? I sanded it back down and started again. You really can't damage your guitar from a bad paintjob/sanding it down again.