I've been playing for 7 or 8 months now, and everything in this song was played/sung by me, except drums, which I wrote in a program, only because I don't have a drum set :P.

This is Time Consumer, from the album, The Second Stage Turbine Blade, by Coheed and Cambria. If you hate the band, don't listen, because it's a fairly accurate replica. If you love the instrumentals, but hate the singing, skip to the solo at 3:54, because my voice is very similar lol. Other than that, enjoy.

umm, idk if I should put a link, but it's on my profile.
(: Happily E-Married to Nizzi <3 (:
Quote by Myfirstpubes
Then you get your bathroom door kicked in by some dude in a leather thong and a cape saying, "THIS IS SPARTA!"

Quote by shanethestoner
hard work. and inspiration... or marijuana

My MySpace
The intro was pretty cool
Didn't listen to the whole thing though
I'd say you should probably work on the singing some though.
Wasn't too bad, some of the parts sounded really horrible (honestly), but really it wasn't that bad seeing you've only been playing for a little under a year. But please, work on your singing on just use Claudio and play the instruments.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Line 6 Spider III 75
Old SG Mock
yeah, I got the singing stuff from my friends. I don't have money for private lessons, but I figure I can just find some basic singing and breathing excercises online and work on my pitch first, then volume control, style, etc. I haven't really been singing all that long, except for church lol. A LOT of that is in my falsetto range >.<.

assassin1680: I'm not sure if I could rip Claudio's vocals out or not. and what specifically sounds bad? The singing? Or the guitar?
Quote by Myfirstpubes
Then you get your bathroom door kicked in by some dude in a leather thong and a cape saying, "THIS IS SPARTA!"

Quote by shanethestoner

My MySpace
The guitar overall is fine, it's just like the noise at 1:00 is really off, now I'm a diehard coheed fan and I know what sound you were trying to imitate there, but it sounded really bad. As for the vocals, the "Maria my star, mathew goodnight" part just didn't sound very well. The rest wasn't too shabby.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Line 6 Spider III 75
Old SG Mock
'k thanks. I have absolutely no pedals or tremolo/whammy, so I did the best I could with the knowledge I have. And the chorus, I agree. Thanks again!
Quote by Myfirstpubes

Quote by shanethestoner

My MySpace
I rated your video 5 stars because for someone who's been playing for under a year, that cover rocked. However, as mentioned above your tone on the intro was good, but your tone when the verse kicked in was pretty bad. Just try to fix that up and it'd sound a lot better. Your singing was okay (your vocal range is great for Coheed covers) but you just need a little more work on tone/pitch control.

But other than that, awesome cover, and I hope you do more Coheed covers in the future. New album in 2010, woo!
Thanks t_man700! idk what happened to the tone in the verse. I think it's the mic that makes some specific frequencies sound bad. And haha like I said earlier, most of his stuff is in my falsetto range (0-4 on B string, 0-12 on high e string), which I'm not sure whether he ever has to go into lol. Will work on singing. Actually I just finished my cover of Welcome Home!
Quote by Myfirstpubes

Quote by shanethestoner

My MySpace
Last edited by SuperKoolKid at Feb 15, 2009,