All right, I have an ibanez RGT42FX and I really like it, although I would like to customize it a bit. First of all, I would really like to replace the bridge pickup. I don't know pickups well at all, so I thought you guys could hlep me i would like, first of all, a split coil, because I use that thing all the time.. unless it comes from the guitar, but I think it's from the pickups..?
Also, as for the tone to get from them, I would really like a sharp tone, something that has a lot of presence. The actual one has a great sound distorted, but sounds like the tone is rolled back to 5 when on clean.

I play with a Traynor YCV40WR and a huge load of pedals, if you want a pedal list I can write it down
Budget? Otherwise I'd tell you to get like a Bareknuckle Nailbomb or Miracle Man.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I'd say get a humbucker housed P-90. guitarfetish /\ has the Dream and Mean 90 pickups which are like 30 bucks a piece; great value and sound great. lots of alt rock and new wave acts use single coils or p-90s, so anything like that would work.
I'll check the guitar fetish then =) just wondering though... I know that when I asked how much a p-90 costs at my guitar store, they said it was around 120 bucks, so seeing all these pickups for 40 dollars kind of... worries me ? should i get one of these even if i have a higher budget ?
I have a Dream 90. It's the sex.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
I went to Bareknuckle and am now back with Dimarzio

The Tone Zone sounds like it will suit you perfect.
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
There's a vid on youtube of someone playing Pink Floyd's Shine On You Crazy Diamond solo (at least I think it's that solo...it's definitely pink floyd though) and it was like instant David Gilmour on a just barely broken up sound. They sound great. I'm debating on whether I want a Duncan Jazz or a Dream 90 for my Hellraiser.
Quote by Darkflame
tone zone by dimarzio ?
and to ask again, are the guitarfetish pickups as good as the 120 bucks gibson or dimarzio or seymour duncan ones ? ?

no, but there is a reason why they cost much less.
pretty much. I'm not going to say that they don't sound good for the price, but keep in mind that they're still budget pickups.
Quote by Darkflame
Well i'm not on a budget and anyways 100 dollars isn't that much for me.
I was told that the ibanez infinity pickups actually suck, so that would mean any pickup would be a step forward ?

Almost any stock pickup by Ibanez blows more balls than the air pump in the gym class.

If you can handle the hassle of installing the tap, maybe you could consider the P Rails? However, based on this statement "tone to get from them, I would really like a sharp tone, something that has a lot of presence." That sounds like the Tone Zone to me.

i'm not sure about the Seymour Duncan Custom, that could also be up your alley as well, but it may have a tad too much distortion for what you're looking for.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
As previously said Dimarzio Tone Zone Bridge Humbucker, go buy one, i have one right next to me ready to go in my RG

Here is a link to one

http://www.giggear.co.uk/p/DiMarzio-DP155-Tone-Zone-Standard-Spacing-Black/

They are MUCH cheaper in the US
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Feb 13, 2009,