A peavey 6505+ but cheaper, plus a good clean channel. I started this thresd earlier this morning in electric guitar but had to got to school. They told me to go here for more in depth comparisons snd such. So please demonstrate for me your unequalled knowledge on amps!!!!!
Also, I play Metallica to Cannibal Corpse, and all the way down to Weezer. So high gain and pristine cleans are absolutely necessary.
Any help is Greatly Appreciated!
EDIT*My budget is between 1500 and 3000 Smackaroos*
Last edited by MightySumo at Feb 11, 2009,
Peavey is coming out with a new amp soon known as the 3120... but for your budget you could get something much better than the 6505+, IMO.

Let's see...

1. Mesa Mark IV
2. EVH 5150III
3. Framus Cobra
4. ENGL Savage
5. ENGL Blackmore
6. ENGL Powerball
7. Cornford Hellcat
8. Bad Cat amps
9. Splawn Nitro
10. Splawn Quickrod

As for a cheaper 6505+ with better cleans, see the Bugera 6262. However, they're known to be unreliable amps, so you should let a tech give it a once-over before you rock out on it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Feb 11, 2009,
First thing that comes to mind is a Used Peavey Ultra or Triple.. But that is if you want something cheaper.

Now whats off is your budget which states other wise and allows you to purchase something upwards of three times the cost of a 6505+ so why even ask if there is something cheaper?
Quote by Raijouta

As for a cheaper 6505+ with better cleans, see the Bugera 6262. However, they're known to be unreliable amps, so you should let a tech give it a once-over before you rock out on it.

+1

Bugera 333 series has prestine cleans and 3 channels instead of 2.
splawn quickrod definitely

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by BeerChurch
+1

Bugera 333 series has prestine cleans and 3 channels instead of 2.

the bugera 333 is based off the XXX's, so just like ibanezpsycho said
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.