Poll: Is Angus Young overrated?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is Angus Young overrated?
Yes
12 63%
No
7 37%
Voters: 19.
Absolutely. AC DC is more overrated than Angus himself, but theres many guitarists that deserve more credit than him.
Quote by Psalm 150:4
Someone told me Bach sounded like crap.

Quote by Minkaro
What a dick, right? Skid Row are awesome
this is a close call as far the polling goes.

I voted yes, but only if you credit him as an amazing guitar player. He's over-rated in that sense.

But as far as what he did to rock and roll and his stage presence, there aren't many people that top him. He brought the swagger back into rock, and he gave a lot of aspiring guitarists ideas of the future. In that sense, I don't think he's over-rated. Just dangerously close.
Sgt. Major--UG 7-string Legion

Guitars:
ESP/ltd. Viper-400 (see-thru black cherry rules)
Schecter Revenger 7
Washburn E/A 9 Festival
Ibanez Gio

Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head and XXX cab
BOSS GT-10
Fender 212R amp
Mesa/Boogie V-Twin
Quote by Shor-T Zero

I voted yes, but only if you credit him as an amazing guitar player. He's over-rated in that sense.

But as far as what he did to rock and roll and his stage presence, there aren't many people that top him. He brought the swagger back into rock, and he gave a lot of aspiring guitarists ideas of the future. In that sense, I don't think he's over-rated. Just dangerously close.

This pretty much hits the nail on the head.
Quote by Shor-T Zero

Exactly what I was thinking.
He's hardly overrated when he's not really ranked among the best players anyway is he? It's not like he's regularly touted as an amazing player.

Stage presence however? Among the best.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT