View poll results: Which one is it?
Virus
1 7%
Phished Website
5 33%
Both
9 60%
Voters: 15.
Ok, so I was on Myspace and I had just got done visiting somebodys profile, when al-of-a-sudden, a website that looked like the control panel popped up and said I had a ton of viruses. It also prompted me to download a fake antivirus program. I declined, naturally, but I'm wondering if it was a virus, or phished website. Which one do you think it is?
Probably a phished website. websites can't scan your computer and tell you if you have a virus unless you give permission.
never "decline" just x out of the window or use task manager if the window is independent of your active browser
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by Code Red Virus
Probably a phished website. websites can't scan your computer and tell you if you have a virus unless you give permission.

Yes, I know this, but could a virus have sent me to this website?

EDIT: I noticed the poll seems to point towards both a virus and a phished website. The hell of it is, is that ESET NOD32 say's my computer is clean. Could the virus hide from my antivirus program?
Last edited by The.new.guy at Feb 11, 2009,
Yeah you could havee got something, better safe than sorry. Run your antivirus. Dont download that **** its a virus.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
a website that looked like the control panel popped up
A website could just make a box in the page and make it show "C:\My Documents" and it would show your "My Documents". Those sites probably try to pull any trick on you.