What should I go for? I'm thinking new guitar, but what?
I play mainly hard rock to thrash, and I'm playing through a Peavey Vypyr 75.
I like schecters and Jacksons, but the ones in that range that are new don't have the biggest QC rep ever.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Dave.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If you have $350, save your money. GAS is bad, but bad gear is worse. A $350 guitar will be worthless as a step up from anything. If you really need to spend, get a high-end effect pedal from Fulltone or something.
no
I think I'll have to look used.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by RunawayKaren
You can buy some Mylanta.

Oh ha, ha, ha. Not helpful at ALL.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Echoing bucky's post. If you're really going to go for a guitar, save it. If you can go with a pedal, and you think you can find one that you need, go for it. If you're bored with the tone of your amp, an EQ may help you change your mind.

MXR 10-Band for about $130 Canadian, 31-band rackmount EQs from as little as $100 all the way up to $500 for one with dual 31-band EQs.
Amps
Randall RG50TC, Roland Cube 15x

Guitar
LTD MH-100QM, Washburn X12

Effects and Etc.
Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss FV-500H, Ibanez TS7, Ibanez PH7, dbx 31-band EQ, ISP Decimator
Actually a Schecter Gryphon, is what I own, but it is a perfectly fine guitar for $350. I had a few wiring problems, but it works fine now. You might want to set it up to your desires, I lowered the pickups on mine recently and it plays much better now. For $350 it is great. OBVIOUSLY there are better guitars, but the Gryphon plays fine. But an amp is also good. I would agree with saving up your money.

If you don't have gas for a specific thing just save until you find a specific thing, you want.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
I don't want pedals... I have enough effects already plus I don't use that much effects-wise.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Then you have to go used. But you should find something decent in the $350 to $400 range used.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD