I don't want to wait till tomm to ask someone, so can someone tell me how to tune my ibanez? (Brand new)
[IMG]http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr253/tarman727/SigContestSig.png?t=1234067139[/IMG]
With a tuner

EDIT: ^ Did you beat me to it? ^
Gear:
Epiphone Archtop Dot
Ibanez RG120
Peavey ValveKing 112
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss Distortion Ds-1
MXR Carbon Copy
Rocktron Banshee Talk box
Last edited by Drmmrboi180 at Feb 11, 2009,
k, ya, i have an automatic tuner.
[IMG]http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr253/tarman727/SigContestSig.png?t=1234067139[/IMG]
use a tuner..if you dont have one use this site

http://www.howtotuneaguitar.org/

AND if you have a floyd trem alternate tune the strings for example, tune the 6th string then the 1st string, then the 5th string then the 2nd string then the 4th string then the 3rd string
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Quote by eurotrashed
Put all the tuning keys so they are all facing the same direction

not necessarily

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by eurotrashed
Yup. That is how you do it.

No. Just, no. My guitars in tune all the time and they all don't face the same way.
Quote by tarman727
k, ya, i have an automatic tuner.

set on 440. pluck low E string. needle moves to middle, lights green when it's low E

they should sound like these notes. here.

http://www.gieson.com/Library/projects/utilities/tuner/
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Feb 11, 2009,
I know that by piano, so ya. I figured it out, its not completely tuned, but even though ive only been playing for 5 mins i learned the opening to ironman and the sunshine of your love
use the link from above post to use your ear and make the strings as close as possible.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by SGlover69
No. Just, no. My guitars in tune all the time and they all don't face the same way.

Then you are doing it wrong. Its not in tune.
I do believe Euro is joking.

This thread's TS is an epic failure to mankind.

Time to go back in time to Falcon Punch his mother
No joke. I play ultra intricate brutal post modern death metal which requires the most precision and precise tuning and intonation. And I always tune that way. Always perfect.
Now you just sound like the guy who did the "Phycho Exercises" with the voiced-over John Petrucci videos on YouTube

EDIT: sigg'd btw
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Feb 11, 2009,
hmm. i made sure my tuning keys all face forward.. it seems to be the best way to tune. perfect intonation and tuning pitch. thanks eurotrashed
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I do believe Euro is joking.

This thread's TS is an epic failure to mankind.

Time to go back in time to Falcon Punch his mother

I prefer a Falcon Kick myself.
Quote by eurotrashed
No joke. I play ultra intricate brutal post modern death metal which requires the most precision and precise tuning and intonation. And I always tune that way. Always perfect.

There's the proof right there! lol. Thatz da mega Br00talz!!!
UG's AC/DC Lover
If he doesn't know how to tune it, I doubt he'd really if it were double locking or not, or even what a locking nut is
Quote by eurotrashed
Yup. That is how you do it.

If you are a complete noob how would that even work thatd be retarded

Anyway yes it is a stupid question but its one that still needs to be answered if TS is serious.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Feb 12, 2009,
Quote by apak
hmm. i made sure my tuning keys all face forward.. it seems to be the best way to tune. perfect intonation and tuning pitch. thanks eurotrashed

hahahahha
Not everyone here is this sad fu<ked up &cold
No need to spam guys.

To elaborate more on jenny's post, when tuning once you're very close to the pitch, tune until the oscillating sound is gone. It needs to sound like you're doubling the string without any waves. If you don't quite understand post another post and we'll try to help you more thoroughly.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by eurotrashed

Do you also whammy without a whammy bar playing your ultra intricate brutal post modern death metal?
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.