Should I buy an Epiphone sg special or save up. I can't afford a Gibson Sg right know and I play Ac/Dc. I have a Fender Strat right know.
Last edited by angusyoung12345 at Feb 11, 2009,
Quote by ShameofaNation
Is this your first guitar?
well he just said that he had a fender strat, so the sg would be his second guitar
“It's all fun and games, until someone looses an eye...than it's fun and games you can't see anymore.”-James Hetfield
save up and get a g-400 or at least a g-310. they are both alright. dont get a special. they really arent worth it.
My Main Gear

guitars
gibson sg special faded
Fender Stratocaster (turning it into the black strat relic!)
cort stat 2t
ventura (ibanez artcore lawsuit era copy)
'74 alvarez acoustic

amps
peavy transtube express 112
either save up or plan to mod it. Epi's are good first guitars, and a legitimate Fender Stratocaster will always top an epi SG.
If you laugh at this I get to have sex with you.
Click here to see the most beautiful guitar imaginable.
Quote by Jeltz
Sukman_Jr: Going on a trip to Finmark in Norway is a bad idea aswell! Beware of Nazi-zombies!
Quote by sensfan151911
well he just said that he had a fender strat, so the sg would be his second guitar

how did I not see that, but w/e.
You should get the G-400, the special would be a downgrade.
Three Guitars >> Eleven Pedals >> Two Amps
Bandcamp (emo/indie/punk)

Quote by primusfan
> from louisville
> likes ween
> new favorite poster
My only electric guitar is a Epi SG Special... it is my first guitar, and I got it for Christmas last year.... I love it! Very reliable solid guitar.
If you don't wanna drop 400-500 on a G-400, the Special will do the job, It just lacks that VERY SEXY pick-guard...

Btw, I play through a Pod xt live, and the tone kills~
I'ts not the exact same thing but I got an Epiphone G-400 Vintage. It sounds great to me. It was the first guitar I purchased and still love it. I play different styles (from Tech Death to Clean songs) and it's pretty versatile. You can get a pretty smooth sound while playing clean and get a nice thudding rythm sound too.

Might get a little harder to play solos after the 17th ish fret but that may just be because it's starting to get worn a bit around there (the frets are starting to get abit worned out). If it can help I use .10s .52s for my strings (d'Addarios XL i believe).

I am presently looking into buying a Schecter C1 +. I have heard many good things about those. This brings me to tell you one thing that you probably will read a lot around here. TEST IT FIRST. You'll get a way better feeling like that.

Hope you find something that will fit your taste.
Epiphone Vintage G-400 (put to rest for a while)
Jackson DKMGT (BLACK Mat finish)
Digitech Metalmaster
Peavey Bandit 112
G-400 vintage is $300 but well worth the price increase.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by sensfan151911

look at the time of both post and edit time. he edited it 2 minutes after the first post, so technically he didn't state that info when the first post was published. lol i'm so renting right now. anywayz get a epiphone. they are really good. and no a legitimate fender stratocaster will not top any epiphone SG, its all matter of preference mate. i personally hate the strat's neck but i dig the clean tone.
He said Epi Sg Special. Not a good idea. Go for the g-400
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by Shukman_Jr
either save up or plan to mod it. Epi's are good first guitars, and a legitimate Fender Stratocaster will always top an epi SG.

there's just no room for truth in statements like that when it comes to guitars. There is no such thing as consistency in guitar production lines, so essentially, you'll get some god-awful fender strats and some really ****ing brilliant epiphone SGs, and vice versa.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
i had a sg special for my first guitar, then i saved up and got a damien fr, its like night and day, save up.
Is that your answer to everything? Save up or pay up?
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10