Ok so I'm basically working on an assignment, I'm supposed to be having a discussion about a common saying or phrase (kind of lame I know) and I have chosen this one (see thread title) as I figure basically everyone has used it or thought it at some point.

What I would like some help with is thinking up some good examples of this, I know it can be applied to pretty much anything but I thought I'd ask all of you highly knowledgeable people here in the pit.

There are a bunch of obvious ones such as the economy, rise to power, the value of retail products (ie you buy it, its value decreases immediately) etc. Anyone else got any good ones from everyday life?
A penis. Go ups when you get a boner, comes down when it's sad.

Bedit: GOD DAMMIT! ^

2bedit: .... V
Sail upon the open skies
*Walks in.

....Anyone mentioned penis yet?
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
i totally thought this thread was about cocks....and i still clicked it....

EDIT: ^I was right, this thread is about wangs.
If you're a hot chick you've probably got a good chance with the lead singer or guitar player, If you're a little bit overweight, you should probably go for the drummer. If you're a dude, go for the bass player
helium doesn't.
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
Quote by Powerhouse
Prepare for buttloads of my boner.

fixed
he he he
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
emotions.
To be emotionally high, happy as you have ever been, that means that every other occurrence will be less pleasant than your current state.

Conversely, if you're feeling low, most occurrences will make you happier.
If you laugh at this I get to have sex with you.
Click here to see the most beautiful guitar imaginable.
Quote by Jeltz
Sukman_Jr: Going on a trip to Finmark in Norway is a bad idea aswell! Beware of Nazi-zombies!
lol wow lots of dick jokes, guess I definitely should have seen that one coming

... zing!

Last edited by priest.fan. at Feb 11, 2009,
you could use something going up in flames as an example. and it comes back down when the flame burns itself out.

or walk up to the teacher and raise your middle finger to his/her face and put it down xD
Viking/Folk Metal Group <--Join!
Quote by telemonster
I dont get the whole EMO thing.....kinda like vountering to get your ass kicked.

Quote by Night_Lights
What idiot puts Randy Rhoads and Dimebag above Hendrix in any guitar list?
Quote by Guitarlord44
well they were both better than hendrix
Quote by Ninjake
helium doesn't.

it does in an atmosphere of hydrogen...
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by RU Experienced?
Oh, I know!

Boners! No one has mentioned boners yet, have they?

Nope, no boners have been mentioned yet.

BONER.
Quote by young slapper
Gravity?

For example a girl cannot get pregnant if she's riding the man.

Well duh. How could you get pregnant from a piggy-back ride?
Sail upon the open skies
Gravity and Newtons three laws of physics are the two best examples, if it hasn't already been mentioned.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society