Page 1 of 2
I got a Schecter C1 FR and he got a Jackson XRMG. Our amps are crap though. I got a Fender Frontman 15G and he got a 10G. So what's the best thing to do right now? I might get a job soon so I can try to get a better amp. I'm thinking at least a 500$ one. My friend I don't think is getting a job anytime soon so I'm thinking of giving him my amp once I get my new one and get him to buy a distortion pedal. What's the best pedal for rock/slash kind of sound that isn't too expensive?
.... . / .-- .... --- / -- .- -.- . ... / .- / -... . .- ... - / --- ..- - / --- ..-. / .... .. -- ... . .-.. ..-. / --. . - ... / .-. .. -.. / --- ..-. / - .... . / .--. .- .. -. / --- ..-. / -... . .. -. --. / .- / -- .- -. .-.-.-
You should both get new amps, try and get him a job. If you can't though, what kind of genre(s) do you play?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
why do u assume that a more expensive amp is better theres some really ****ty expensive amps out there
Quote by necrosis1193
You should both get new amps, try and get him a job. If you can't though, what kind of genre(s) do you play?

+1
My amp was $280, and if my dick was asian, i would bang the input. I LOVE IT.
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
Quote by larrythelefty
why do u assume that a more expensive amp is better theres some really ****ty expensive amps out there

ahahahahaha
duh
thats why he's asking
and yes, for the most part, more expensive USUALLY means better
^don't say that, he'll get an mg, and besides with a Marshall you pay more for the name.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by larrythelefty

As an owner of a tube amp and a Fender Frontman, a piece of crap with a 12AX7 stuck in it wired to a speaker sounds better, though it's cleans are almost passable.

Quote by srvkicks@$$
get a marshall

You realize at that pricepoint all you can get with the word Marshall on it is an MG, right?

I play metal. He plays rock mostly. He can't play very fast so I'm guessing a versatile pedal, since he occasionally plays some riffs from Master of Puppets but other times Slash's works.

Quote by larrythelefty

Because they are.
.... . / .-- .... --- / -- .- -.- . ... / .- / -... . .- ... - / --- ..- - / --- ..-. / .... .. -- ... . .-.. ..-. / --. . - ... / .-. .. -.. / --- ..-. / - .... . / .--. .- .. -. / --- ..-. / -... . .. -. --. / .- / -- .- -. .-.-.-
Quote by Berlin2222
I play metal. He plays rock mostly. He can't play very fast so I'm guessing a versatile pedal, since he occasionally plays some riffs from Master of Puppets but other times Slash's works.

You; MXR Distortion III.

Him; Same, Maxon OD808, Ibanez TS9DX or ProCo RAT.

I would just like to have a nice sounding practice amp though. I just play in my room or to my friends. If I were ever to play on stage I would just borrow my friend's marshal.
Then I'd recommend a 5-watt tube combo as the new amp; cheap, easy-to-use and crankable at practice/jam volumes.

Quote by necrosis1193
Then I'd recommend a 5-watt tube combo as the new amp; cheap, easy-to-use and crankable at practice/jam volumes.

What would the maximum volume be? And would the tone quality diminish with the volume?
Quote by Berlin2222
I would just like to have a nice sounding practice amp though. I just play in my room or to my friends. If I were ever to play on stage I would just borrow my friend's marshal.

If you say it's an MG, I will find you and castrate you with a rusty spork.
Quote by Berlin2222
What would the maximum volume be? And would the tone quality diminish with the volume?

Most modern tube amps(especially the 5-watt ones and other low-power amps) are designed to sound good low. Even so, like I said, you can crank it and only pricks will complain, though it should be good. People do exaggerate the amount the tone goes down with volume though.

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']If you say it's an MG, I will find you and castrate you with a rusty spork.

You realize sporks are plastic, right?

Lmao. Nah. It's a 100w I think. As soon as I played my guitar through it I knew I really needed a new amp, since my current one is using like 10% of it's potential. Even more so for my friend's guitar.
Quote by necrosis1193
You realize sporks are plastic, right?

spoon + massive amounts of heat + something pointy to shape it = shiv/spork.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']spoon + massive amounts of heat + something pointy to shape it = shiv/spork.

That's a Shpirk, not a Spork.

Do you mind if I steal that word to use for it? If I get a patent, I will indeed split the profit down the middle with you

EDIT:

Home made shpirk from Google images

Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Feb 11, 2009,
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Do you mind if I steal that word to use for it? If I get a patent, I will indeed split the profit down the middle with you

XD Feel free to.

But yeah, TS, an MXR Distortion III and a 5-watt tube combo should work for you.

=o It Exists!

indeed it does, and it will castrate the TS unless he can prove his friend's amp is not an MG

EDIT: The thread title should be "My friend and I," not "Me and my friend."

Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Feb 11, 2009,
Quote by Berlin2222
Lmao. Nah. It's a 100w I think. As soon as I played my guitar through it I knew I really needed a new amp, since my current one is using like 10% of it's potential. Even more so for my friend's guitar.

That's not a good sign. Guarantee it's an MG.

But yeah, new amp. Definitely. Maybe an Epiphone Valve Junior and a pedal. Or if you can, try and find a Blackheart.
You could always get an amp with 2 inputs, that way you both can have a $500 amp.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
You could always get an amp with 2 inputs, that way you both can have a $500 amp.

Good point.

TS, you said you play metal, right? If that's the case, I don't really know if a Blackheart is what you're looking for. I love the things, but I like playing anything from punk-pop to crunchy, British sounding classic rock, and from what I've heard they won't be able to get metal tones even with a pedal.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
The best pedal, the most expensive and rocking amp, jacksons, schecters, Metallica, Slash...

What about your talent?
Keep your eyes open I bought a Marshall JCM800 head off craigs list for $150US , All I had to do was replace the tubes. I replaced with groove tubes cost was about $75US in all a very nice head cost me about $225US.
Wow you guys are negative. I say that one of my friends owns a Marshall and you guys insist on it being a MG.

Quote by dynamo0
The best pedal, the most expensive and rocking amp, jacksons, schecters, Metallica, Slash...

What about your talent?

Also that was incredibly stupid since I asked for a opinion for stuff in a price range and I didn't need someone acting smart. I can play pretty good but even though a guitar god like Slash on a crappy amp will still sound impressive, the tone still sucks.

How much money can I get one of the tube amps for?
Last edited by Berlin2222 at Feb 12, 2009,
Can I say something? Get a Peavey Vypyr Tube 60. It's EXTREMELY versatile and it sounds very very good. It's $450 and then the controller pedals (you can buy either of these later) are $80 and $180, the more expensive one having more features.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^ Micro cube is fail. Cube 30-60 is alot better.
Gibson 1972 SG Pro T-Top Bridge, P90 Neck
Dean DBD T ML
Jackson JS30RR EMGs 85-81
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Line6 Spider III HD75 Head - Behringer 412
Saving for a Marshall JCM 800.
I love Cubes. But i just cant seem to find one anywhere.
Gibson 1972 SG Pro T-Top Bridge, P90 Neck
Dean DBD T ML
Jackson JS30RR EMGs 85-81
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Line6 Spider III HD75 Head - Behringer 412
Saving for a Marshall JCM 800.
Page 1 of 2