What is the point of this? Many a time I have been struck with inspiration and decide to post an epic reply to a great (or lame) thread. Then, as I hit "Submit Reply", UG stops responding. I hit alt+ctrl+delete and it says Ultimate-Guitar.com_Not Responding. So, I hit End Task and everything goes away. In the Pit's place is a small Microsoft box, reading "Send Error Report?" Many a time I have sent it, and it says report send.

My question: What does Microsoft "do to help your problem"? The Pit has stopped responding four times today! What is the point if I can't get no satisfaction?
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Last edited by Pencil Man at Feb 11, 2009,
they do nothing..
"If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?"
Download Firefox and your problems will decimate, if not disappear.

IE stops responding on UG about every other post. I've only had Firefox stop responding when I have multiple tabs with lots of flash/videos on each one.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Uh, that would be your computer and not UG. Pretty sure Microsoft doesn't own the Pit.

Also, it takes more than a few minutes to update the code of a program. Also, you didn't fucking redownload anything so I don't know what you expected to happen.
You're*
Last edited by Survivalism at Feb 11, 2009,
Quote by dudetheman

IE stops responding on UG about every other post. I've only had Firefox stop responding when I have multiple tabs with lots of flash/videos on each one.

I have SBC/Yahoo, not IE

edit: I was wondering what Microsoft does with these Error Reports. I am, in no way, complaining about my server or UG.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Last edited by Pencil Man at Feb 11, 2009,
Quote by dudetheman

Google Chrome works as well.
Quote by Pencil Man
I have SBC/Yahoo, not IE

I used to have that, but FF is much better
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Opera ftw.
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
Quote by Alex Vik
Google Chrome works as well.

Google Chrome wasn't very user-friendly and often glitched out on specific sites/large workloads when I tried it.

Quote by Fivebretz
all asides aside, this is a good question, anyone wanna elaborate?

It probably does nothing substantial.

Microsoft probably gets millions of Error Reports a day so there's no way they read them or anything.

My guess is that they might have some sort of software that categorizes them according to the specific type of error, then the most common ones are analyzed and worked out in in the next Service Pack/Windows Update.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Last edited by dudetheman at Feb 11, 2009,
When it locks up, are you just on here? Or do you have like 5 other tabs with a bunch of crap going on them? Flash animations and other ads bog down old PCs....any computer around the Pentium 4 era struggles to browse smoothly these days.

I would suggest getting Firefox with Ad Block Plus add-on. It blocks nearly every god damn annoying ad that is around. And if it doesn't block it, you can make it block it

As far as Error Reporting, just turn it off. I find it pretty pointless because they never make a fix for problems. IE likes to crash anyways
Last edited by Illiad86 at Feb 11, 2009,
You can find this out from the error report itself, but it basically says that all the error reports are anonymous, and rather than helping you fix that specific problem, they serve as feedback to microsoft to let them know what may need fixing in patches/updates.
It's supposed to send the report of what happened to Microsoft so they can actually resolve it. But that probably won't do anything; so it's basically just a waste of time. Plus, Firefox is infinitely better. Like I can't describe how much better. I mean, I used to be an IE7 boy too, but then Firefox came along and totally changed that.

Here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/. This is God's gift to the world.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

IE7 boy, too? I hate Internet Explorer! But no, I rarely have any more than one tab open.
Quote by SlackerBabbath