What do you play?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^that
hmmmmm i guess its time to bring out teh hamstah......
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Oh my mistake lol

Hard Rock, Metal, Classic Rock, Alt., uhm...Zeppelin, ACDC, Journey, Boston, that sorta stuff.
you should look for a used Peavey XXX combo (it is the one with the speakers built in)
on ebay.
and look for a used
Mesa/Boogie F-30 if you can find one.........

BUT what METAL do you exactly play.....
feel free to add me
B-52 AT-112 and a nice overdrive pedal like the Bad Monkey or TS808/TS9 should do nicely for those styles.

Blackheart Handsome Devil is another, probably better choice along with the aforementioned Mesa F-30.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
you should look for a used Peavey XXX combo (it is the one with the speakers built in)
on ebay.
and look for a used

I guess it's not really metal, but Metallica, (I don't conisder them metal anymore) Pantera, and..I THINK Black Label Society would be considered metal

Edit: I'm gonna listen to each one played (demos and stuff on youtube) just to see what I like out of it. So Far the B52 AT112 sounded great from what i saw/heard
Last edited by SGlover69 at Feb 11, 2009,
Personally, I would advise going to any pawn shops in your area and having a look around. I found my marshall valvestate 100 for $150 and a an old peavey tube amp for $300. You just have to know how to haggle. But if youre set on a new amp I would probably go with a peavey Valveking or bandit. Valveking is about $420 and is tubed, while the bandit uses the "Trans-Tube" and is about $300. Hope that helps.
^ the Valveking can do metal but not the best choice. and the bandit is.......meh...
feel free to add me
definitely go for a Peavey Classic 30, they go used for under 400, which would leave you a couple bucks left over for an OD to push it into metal territory
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
on ebay.
and look for a used

look on this website first, has better deals usually and searches craigslist and ebay.
http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=mus

I just got a peavey XXX head for $500 from that yesterday (around $1200 new)
so yeah check that first, i would look into used tube combos.