Page 1 of 2
I have to write some gay essay, in which I am supposed to "justify that The Importance of Being Earnest should be a classic because of the humor in it." Wtf. Anyone read the play, maybe give me a few pointers?
A happy, carefree essay sounds like fun to me.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Please explain to me how an essay has a gender and how it is attracted to other essays of the same gender.

I'm waiting.

80th best UGer
Quote by bendystraw
Sparknotes, or read the damn thing.

Oh, I read the play, and sparknotes, and asked my dad. He was just like wtf? I'm just going to have to somehow BS two pages probably.

EDIT: Also, what's with the whole gay thing? I say 'gay' when something's retarded, big deal.
Ap English man i wish i could have taken that my Regular English class is so boring and slow i hate it,all we do is nouns,run-ons, and bull**** seriously we read one pieces of literature and wrote like 2 essays,its so gay.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Quote by mustangrobert13
Please explain to me how an essay has a gender and how it is attracted to other essays of the same gender.

I'm waiting.

Anti-homophobic UGers from Tennessee FTW!!!
Last edited by Powerhouse at Feb 11, 2009,
Why are you in AP English if you arent gonna read the material??

EDIT: You claim you read it, but I doubt it.

DOUBLEDIT: Gay does not mean stupid, dumb, or unnecessary.
GO YANKEES!
Last edited by Yanks4Life92 at Feb 11, 2009,
What Vern? They made a play for Ernest P. Worrell?
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
I did not need to know the sexual orientation of your english assignment.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by jwax
Ap English man i wish i could have taken that my Regular English class is so boring and slow i hate it,all we do is nouns,run-ons, and bull**** seriously we read one pieces of literature and wrote like 2 essays,its so gay.

Noooo, you're lucky. If only you knew how bad my class sucks. Senior year is a complete ****ing waste of my life.
Quote by DeadlyIllness
If you hate doing all the extra busy-work that they give, why did you take AP?

They assign it to you depending on your grades, I would've had to have gotten a D last year to get put in regular.
Can i have the essay's number? I want to do some experimentation.
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
Quote by Powerhouse
Anti-homophobic UGers from Tennesse FTW!!!

Cleveland, eh?

Neat. I'm in a city you've probably never heard of.
Nevertheless,
ANTI-HOMOPHOBIC UGers FROM TENNESSEE(spelled correctly this time) FTW!

80th best UGer
Yeah, here you go. Read the book, develop a personal opinion on it, and don't rely on other people for your answers because you're obviously competent enough to write this paper if you're in AP English III or IV. Oh, and stop trying to sound like such a bad ass

some gay essay

Wtf
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

One) WTF does a "gay" Essay imply?
Two) Grow up and make up stuff for a couple of pages. Its called school...
Quote by mustangrobert13

I'm waiting.

Well you see Essay sounds like the spanish word for boy (forgot how it's spelled in Spanish), so an Essay can be gay for another Essay.
Quote by apm505
The Importance of Being Earnest is not metal

I know, it's not |300t4l at all.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
Yeah, here you go. Read the book, develop a personal opinion on it, and don't rely on other people for your answers because you're obviously competent enough to write this paper if you're in AP English III or IV. Oh, and stop trying to sound like such a bad ass

Please enlighten me on how to not sound like a bad ass, since this is how I've always talked, and I'm not trying to impress anyone.
Quote by DeadlyIllness
Well you see Essay sounds like the spanish word for boy (forgot how it's spelled in Spanish), so an Essay can be gay for another Essay.

shut up

80th best UGer
What you do:

develop a thesis (your main argument) and come up with 3 arguments as to WHY the book should be a classic

for example,

1. It uses comic relief to keep the mood from getting too dark or boring or whatever
2. It uses satire to construct a potent social commentary on the Victorian era
3. you come up with the 3rd

after you do this, write your introductory paragraph, in which you state what your thesis and the 3 arguments you will use to back it up

then just write the first body paragraph. state your argument and then give proof with citations and quotes and then conclude it. do this for the other two arguments

make a conclusion paragraph in which you rephrase your thesis and tie it all up nicely.

i don't see why people struggle with essays. i didn't even read the play and im pretty surei could bull**** my way to at least a B+.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by frottage
I have to write some gay essay, in which I am supposed to "justify that The Importance of Being Earnest should be a classic because of the humor in it." Wtf. Anyone read the play, maybe give me a few pointers?

How does that relate to homosexuality?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by Ace88
What you do:

develop a thesis (your main argument) and come up with 3 arguments as to WHY the book should be a classic

for example,

1. It uses comic relief to keep the mood from getting too dark or boring or whatever

after you do this, write your introductory paragraph, in which you state what your thesis and the 3 arguments you will use to back it up

then just write the first body paragraph. state your argument and then give proof with citations and quotes and then conclude it. do this for the other two arguments

make a conclusion paragraph in which you rephrase your thesis and tie it all up nicely.

i don't see why people struggle with essays. i didn't even read the play and im pretty surei could bull**** my way to at least a B+.

Thanks
Quote by frottage
Please enlighten me on how to not sound like a bad ass, since this is how I've always talked, and I'm not trying to impress anyone.

No one wants to hear your little comments. (WTF) It's almost as bad as those 12 year old fags who add "lol" in between every damned word.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by Ace88
What you do:

for example,

DON'T ENCOURAGE HIM!

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
No one wants to hear your little comments. (WTF) It's almost as bad as those 12 year old fags who add "lol" in between every damned word.

Sorry, I talk like that irl too.
Dude...its 2 pages. I'm assuming its double spaced. Sit your ass down and in an hour it'll be done. Its not that hard to bull**** an essay and get a B on it.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
I feel like shooting myself because of this thread.

Though unsurprising, the inability of UG to recognize Oscar Wilde's genius is deeply disappointing.

Oscar Wilde failed miserably. No matter how I look at it, I don't find the play funny at all. Although I don't really have an intelligent sense of humor, so I guess that explains it. I find humor in stuff like Napolean Dynamite, I Am Babycakes, and Anal C*nt's lyrics.
Page 1 of 2