Hey all, finally back online after a long hiatus, still the usual suspects I see!

Anyway, I've made a serious gear boo boo recently and bought a 100 watt SS HiWatt, which I've got on eBay for sale now. I was ampless for a while and it sounded real good when I first played it but I really need to start punching my weight amp wise again. I did get a good deal on it and to be honest, the clean channel is pretty good and the reverb is actually superb on mine, but that's not the point. To let you know how much of an idiot I am, I will list my previous amps, which I'm sure you'll agree were all better!

1. Vox AD15VT
2. Blackheart Little Giant Halfstack
3. Fender Pro Junior
4. Laney VC-15

So now that I'm back online, I've been perusing the web for inf on new gear and it seems that plenty of amp companies have started pulling there socks up with regard to their amp range. I've been aware of the Blackstar HT-5 for a while and thomann.de has the new Epiphone Valve series in stock which look really good. Most of all, I'm excited about the new Vox AC4, which I only found out about tonight. It looks exactly like what I'm after and as soon as I sell my HiWatt the money is going towards buying a head, then cab once I save some more. I was going to buy the JamVox but thank christ I saw this! Looks like all I've ever wanted, and Is cheaper and quieter than both the AC-15 and the Cornell Plexi Seven (which I do not deserve!)

I take it nobody has had a chance to play through one yet? Which looks most promising to you? The Epi (VJHR), Blackstar or Vox? I would still consider Blackheart again too, and there are some specially modded one's on eBay UK that look good.

It's good to be back on UG man!
WELCOME BACK

but what styles do you play???
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I'll give most things a bash, although metal stops at me trying out the "Enter Sandman" riff. I'm pretty much a straight up blues, rock and pop player.
Quote by greggybhoy
I'll give most things a bash, although metal stops at me trying out the "Enter Sandman" riff. I'm pretty much a straight up blues, rock and pop player.

Vox or the Blackheart.....
feel free to add me
I'm leaning towards the Vox just because it's such a beauty, but I loved the Blackheart the first time around but it would be too loud to crank in my flat all the time. The modded ones on eBay have built in power scaling similar to the Vox and are valve rectified. I am looking for either an attenuated or master volume amp. Here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350163126188&indexURL=3#ebayphotohosting

P.S. Why not the Epi?
the epi sounds too meh to me and:

Regular Blackheart>Regular EPI

regular BH<modded epi

Hotrod Blackheart modded epi
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Feb 11, 2009,
I'll probably end up going for the Vox in the end but thanks for the help. I'll need to get round to trying some of these out first. Also, I forgot to mention the Orange AD5. Any opinions?