Im choosing between a MXR carbon copy and a Boss DD-7 (i think its used but w/e). I need somthing for a nice subtle effect not anything over the top, and I wanna get in to some chicken pickin so a nice slapback is a must (maybe not worth saying, most delays should do a nice slapback no?). If you guys have any experience with these pedals or know of any pros and cons Id love to hear them! Thanks!!
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Quote by MOOSE_CCR99
Im choosing between a MXR carbon copy and a Boss DD-7 (i think its used but w/e). I need somthing for a nice subtle effect not anything over the top, and I wanna get in to some chicken pickin so a nice slapback is a must (maybe not worth saying, most delays should do a nice slapback no?). If you guys have any experience with these pedals or know of any pros and cons Id love to hear them! Thanks!!

well i have the dd-7, and well for features it pretty obviously kills the carbon copy, and if you think the overall analog sound is a must than yes you probably will want the carbon copy, the cc will do the slapback better as well too, to be honest you really need to go play them both to make a proper decision
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
The Carbon Copy.

Key word you used: subtle.

Analog is amazingly warm and captivating, digital - to me- is stale.

Sounds greater, and owns most digital. The DD-7 is great feature-wise, but it's OK in the sound department.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
To me, it sounds like you'd be more happy with the Carbon Copy. It's more of the "subtle warm" sounding, where as the DD-7 is more "over the top". You should definitely try both out and decide for yourself, but I'm more inclined to recommend you the CC. What type of music do you play?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Yea, I played them both briefly but being a complete noob to delay (and playing at a lower volume like I usually do) it was hard to see a major difference (tone nuts plz dont flame lol). The DD7 has alot more features but I found myself confused, where as the CC is straight forwardwhich might be nice, but some noodleing time with it and Ill find what I like. With the DD7 being used, they are like the same price so dont let that affect your opinion.

edit: The carbon copys sounding real nice, I really want a warm, fat tone and the digital sounded a touch thin compared (maybe it was just in my head). Ummm, I like jazz, jazz fusion, jazzy blues (think robben ford), electric blues, flamenco/spanish sounding stuff (elegant gypsy-esque), and I wanna get into some prog type stuff and counrty with that chicken pickin'.
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Last edited by MOOSE_CCR99 at Feb 11, 2009,
Quote by djszkoda
The Carbon Copy.

Key word you used: subtle.

Analog is amazingly warm and captivating, digital - to me- is stale.

Sounds greater, and owns most digital. The DD-7 is great feature-wise, but it's OK in the sound department.

This x1000.
Unless you wanna do crazy stuff I think the CC would be a better pedal for you. Plus since it's analog and self oscillating you can get crazy space ship sounds if you manipulate the knobs right. When I had one I probably did stuff like that with it more than I used it "properly"
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Unless you wanna do crazy stuff I think the CC would be a better pedal for you. Plus since it's analog and self oscillating you can get crazy space ship sounds if you manipulate the knobs right. When I had one I probably did stuff like that with it more than I used it "properly"

Lol yea, as I said Im a noob to delays and when I tested them out I all of a sudden turned into "that guy" at a music store that makes the loud horrendous noises, lol not fun. Are there any rules to follow so this wont happen again?
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Haha, that reminds me, a song that I wrote is like 1/2 oscillations, 1/4 delay, 1/8 playing and 1/8 reverb.

Gotta love that Jonny Greenwood inspiration. : )

Back on topic, I think you'll be pleasantly captivated with the Carbon Copy. Simple is better in this situation, although the reverse function on the DD-7 is pretty cool. Again, digital delays under $250 sound tinny and well, digital.

Above my advice, or anybody's advice, first thing is first, what sounds good to YOU is what you BUY.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Quote by MOOSE_CCR99

You probably want the Carbon Copy. The DD-7 is great for wierd, long, trippy delay stuff. But to my ears, the CC is warmer and better for short, slapback and subtle stuff. It also does cool oscillating stuff at long repeats. And the mod button is cool too.
Quote by MOOSE_CCR99
Lol yea, as I said Im a noob to delays and when I tested them out I all of a sudden turned into "that guy" at a music store that makes the loud horrendous noises, lol not fun. Are there any rules to follow so this wont happen again?

Yup, be careful with the regen knob. Once you turn it to a certain point it will cause feedback, it'll be worse the higher the mix/output is set too.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
The Ibanez AD-9 is nice....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I LOVE the DD7. it is freaking amazing and will do EXACTLY wat you describe very well.

HOWEVER

the dd-7 is fregin expensive and the CC will do exactly what you want without all the extra stuff that you dont want. I would try to DD7 if possible to make sure you dont want the extra features, but i really think that the CC is your best bet

good luck to ya!

EDIT: ok so yea, im slow and dont read posts above me anyway, yea the CC is exactly what you want unless you want trippiness later on. i wanted trippiness, so yea lol. plus the stereo out allows me to run my two amps at once
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Last edited by bored_maniac33 at Feb 11, 2009,