Page 1 of 5
The first one that comes to mind is when somone says the bands most popular song is the worst one that irks me to no end.
Quote by Ninjake
Btw, anyone sigs this, i will sig the stupidest thing they've ever posted, as an example to all, and to all a good night.

eat me,

Quote by Ryan Rage
I haven't been sigged D:
Though I wish I have.
almost everything people say about music irks me to no end. today's popular music sucks.
Quote by Joetime
Every time I masturbate it feels like I'm committing a small scale infanticide. Feels cool.
Quote by bodom422
The first one that comes to mind is when somone says the bands most popular song is the worst one that irks me to no end.

When things get popular, people start to hate them. It's one of the annoying things about people.
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
Quote by bodom422

But that's usually true.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Quote by bodom422

Most of the times it doesn't represent the band at all, that's what makes it less appreciated by "elitists"
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by psychogel
today's popular music sucks.

things like this just get me mad.
new music is no worse than older music. sure i prefer 80's thrash, but i also love screaming (which is obviously newer).
how can someone say popular music sucks? obviously lots of people listen to it because it's "popular."
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
This thread is gonna result in big arguments, I can see it already. It's like an elitist magnet
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Blink Sux All They Do Is Powerchords!
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
music is music, and just because someone doesnt like some music doesnt make it suck

its all in the eye of the beholder, you n00bs
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
music is music, and just because someone doesnt like some music doesnt make it suck

its all in the eye of the beholder, you n00bs

DeathByDestroyr, You are the first person to articultate my feelings exactly,

You are a visionary!
Quote by Ninjake
Btw, anyone sigs this, i will sig the stupidest thing they've ever posted, as an example to all, and to all a good night.

eat me,

Quote by Ryan Rage
I haven't been sigged D:
Though I wish I have.
ill sig that, why not
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
ill sig that, why not
'

You're welcome. lol
Quote by Ninjake

eat me,

Quote by Ryan Rage
I haven't been sigged D:
Though I wish I have.
Metallica - Master Of Puppets is really popular and no1 hates that....
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Quote by vulcan422

HA! Have you seen the amount of metallica haters on UG?

I for one, love Metallica and am not ashamed of it.

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Quote by vulcan422

Please, alotttt of people hate metallica. I'm not one but, those Darn elitists.
Quote by Ninjake

eat me,

Quote by Ryan Rage
I haven't been sigged D:
Though I wish I have.
Quote by bodom422

For instance:

"Who is your favorite guitarist?"
"Oh, well, uh... I like Jimi Hendrix"
*at this point I become slightly deflated*
"Oh. What is your favorite song?"
"I really like Purple Haze and Voodoo Chile"
"Right."
*facepalm*
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

"I know a lot about music."
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
Quote by Eminored
I like their older stuff better.

This is true in a lot of cases though; plus it's just another opinion

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
For instance:

"Who is your favorite guitarist?"
"Oh, well, uh... I like Jimi Hendrix"
*at this point I become slightly deflated*
"Oh. What is your favorite song?"
"I really like Purple Haze and Voodoo Chile"
"Right."
*facepalm*

This always makes me laugh too
Them: Have you heard of *insert super obscure band name here*?
Me: never heard of them
Them: Do you even listen to music!?
Me: No, but I do have to take a dump. *I diarrhea all over elitist*
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
I hate when people think I have a narrow taste in music because I prefer a certain genre. Apparently if I haven't listened to and liked every type of genre known to man, I'm an elitist.
"omg! i love *ranadom band*!, i played that song on guitar hero!" i f*cking hate that. people automaticly think their experts on a band just because they played 1 song by them on GH
i hate when people say OMFG *insert metal band here* is sooooooooo mainstream....

even though ive never EVER hear BFMV(even there ballads) or Trivium or any other "mainstream" band on regular mainstream radio station...

i also dont understand how a band becomes "mainstream" even if there mostly power chord bands like three days grace or something when thats always been that bands particular style even before they were "popular"...im assuming that by "mainstream" pretty much means any style that isnt br00t4lz enough to have its own radio station?
you brought a hooker to church?
Quote by exiledsoul
things like this just get me mad.
new music is no worse than older music. sure i prefer 80's thrash, but i also love screaming (which is obviously newer).

i don't consider screaming to be "popular." i'm in high school, so my experience is certainly skewed, but have you heard what highschoolers listen to?

certainly, some of it is a difference i musical taste, but you can't deny that all or most of the pop and rap and such that you're hearing is both popular, and crap.

*edit: also, i didn't say "new musc sucks." i said today's popular music sucks. i'm a slight elitist, yes, but not as much of an elitist as you're making me out to be.

how can someone say popular music sucks? obviously lots of people listen to it because it's "popular."

huh? i don't understand what your point is, but thank you for defining 'popular' for us. to address the point you may or may not have made, i can say popular music sucks for the same reason Galileo said the earth revolved around the sun; because it is what i believe without a doubt despite the general consensus. granted, he was placed under house arrest for his beliefs, but most of us now agree that he was correct, don't we?
Quote by Joetime
Every time I masturbate it feels like I'm committing a small scale infanticide. Feels cool.
Last edited by psychogel at Feb 11, 2009,
I really dislike it whenever I'm listening to present day music and someone acts like it's terrible and tells me to listen to old 70's 80's 90's music (which I do like too).
it bugs me when people say 'i listen to everything.'

reenactment:
i bring up the subject of music to find common ground. person says, "i listen to everything."
i say "do you know (band such as aerosmith) or (band such as Dio) or (band such as 3 doors down)?" person says, "no." i and promptly burn all mementos of said person.
Quote by Joetime
"The Beatles invented rock music."

This statement is false. In my personal opinion, the first form of rock music was what we consider today as classical. Like Beethoven, for example. A lot of his songs have loads of rock and metal elements.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Quote by Jericho114
Blink Sux All They Do Is Powerchords!

THIS ****ING PISSES ME OFF!!!!!!
Worst thing is when I was in school (2 years ago) 90% of the school would say this about Blink but, the day 'Fall Out Boy' Releast 'Affinity on High' 90% of the school had it!! yet they use powerchords more than Blink!

another one is,
"Greenday sux, they sold out!"
I mean unless your actually a member of greenday who are you to assume they sold out! I've been a hhuge fan of greendays since I was bout 10years old & I see no ****ing evidence to support the fact they sold out!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by Spooni_Shaq
When things get popular, people start to hate them. It's one of the annoying things about people.

yEs.
Quote by SOADisdabest
"Oh, I don't listen to that, too mainstream"

+1

i hate popular music because it sucks, not because it's mainstream, and occasionally i do find something i like.
Quote by Joetime
when people genearlize an era of music.
like... the people who say all of todays music sucks

each era has good and bad music and if you can't appreciate the good you can s my d
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Quote by kylepianoman
when people genearlize an era of music.
like... the people who say all of todays music sucks

each era has good and bad music and if you can't appreciate the good you can s my d

goddammit, i hope that's not a subtle insult in my direction.

if it is, in my defense, "popular" is not a genre, nor is it an era.
Quote by Joetime
Quote by ghostnineone
i hate when people say OMFG *insert metal band here* is sooooooooo mainstream....

even though ive never EVER hear BFMV(even there ballads) or Trivium or any other "mainstream" band on regular mainstream radio station...

i also dont understand how a band becomes "mainstream" even if there mostly power chord bands like three days grace or something when thats always been that bands particular style even before they were "popular"...im assuming that by "mainstream" pretty much means any style that isnt br00t4lz enough to have its own radio station?

They are mainstream. Not getting on the top 40 pop charts doesn't save them from being mainstream.

Quote by Jacob6293
"The Beatles invented rock music."

This statement is false. In my personal opinion, the first form of rock music was what we consider today as classical. Like Beethoven, for example. A lot of his songs have loads of rock and metal elements.
I'm gonna have to say that a lot metal (and rock???) have classical elements, and not the other way around. But I agree, people who jerk The Beatles off annoy me.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Feb 11, 2009,
naming bands off of guitar hero.

Proud member of the LGBTQQ group.
Quote by Masonpwiley
They are mainstream. Not getting on the top 40 pop charts doesn't save them from being mainstream.

but how are they mainstream if most of the general population wouldnt really care to listen to them?

metallica or anthrax or slayer or iron maiden were HUGE in the 80s and no one ever gave them **** 20 years later for being "mainstream" most radio stations here play metallica more than any of the new "mainstream" bands

basically...what im saying is how are they mainstream if they arent played regulary? is it because BFMV might be easier to listen to then most heavier metal bands?
you brought a hooker to church?
Quote by ghostnineone
but how are they mainstream if most of the general population wouldnt really care to listen to them?

metallica or anthrax or slayer or iron maiden were HUGE in the 80s and no one ever gave them **** 20 years later for being "mainstream" most radio stations here play metallica more than any of the new "mainstream" bands

basically...what im saying is how are they mainstream if they arent played regulary? is it because BFMV might be easier to listen to then most heavier metal bands?
Because they get more media attention that other bands. If you watch Headbanger's Ball, you will see those bands, unfortunately. They are also the bands that get attention in magazines like Metal Hammer. And being "mainstream" isn't whey people dislike those bands. They aren't true metal is the reason why. *Holds up flameshield* Bands that take metal and water it down put out less quality music than true metal bands. There are ****ty true metal bands out there too.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Feb 11, 2009,
Page 1 of 5