Poll: are you going to watch it?
Poll Options
View poll results: are you going to watch it?
YES!!!!
69 78%
No,it looks like a epic fail
20 22%
Voters: 89.
Page 1 of 2
are you going to watch it on Comedy Central?
I am.

it failed
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Last edited by jwax at Feb 11, 2009,
No.

I am awaiting a proper Radiation Guard for my Television set; much like the one I have on my computer monitor, but larger of course. A man can only handle so much radiation..my grandfather taught me first hand about it when recalling his tales of War. Radiation and me do not mix.
I saw the special and I hated it. Bad Fail. He doesnt even tell jokes, he focuses on playing his instruments and saying random one line statements, somehow making a dude in the crowd laugh
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
When is it showing. I'll catch it at some point.
its 1:56 am and i just ate 6 chocolate chip cookies in not even near as many minutes
Nah, it sounds like a rip off of Important Things with Demetri Martin, which I will be watching
Last edited by crackerpleaz at Feb 11, 2009,
Yes! I was just talking about it in another thread. He may only tell one line jokes, but they're brilliant. And also when he tells jokes with his drawings..awesome. Jeff Gafigan was my favorite comedian, but Demetri seems to be gaining ground quickly.
Quote by crackerpleaz
Nah, it sounds like a rip off of Importan Things with Demetri Martin, which I will be watching

irony anyone?

on topic, i think first few shows will be good, but i don't think demitri is capable of pumping out grade A stuff for long.
Quote by gnomieowns
irony anyone?

on topic, i think first few shows will be good, but i don't think demitri is capable of pumping out grade A stuff for long.

DAMMIT! How did I not notice that??

Oh well...
Quote by HohnJ723
Yes! I was just talking about it in another thread. He may only tell one line jokes, but they're brilliant. And also when he tells jokes with his drawings..awesome. Jeff Gafigan was my favorite comedian, but Demetri seems to be gaining ground quickly.

That person does not even exist.
You're*
Quote by RU Experienced?
Yup, so far this show has been a train wreck.

agreed
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by Survivalism
That person does not even exist.

He does that just a messed up spelling

He means Jim gaffigan(i think)
or Jeff Dunham

More on topic: This show is a failure. It probably won't make it all the way through one season.
If its just his comedy being translated into little skits, I don't see it being funny.
But if its an honest fresh idea from him, then maybe it will last.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
well that didn't turn out well.
grok it.

SKREAM!

I liked it, but I think it's unnecessary.
A special would have been sufficient.
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
Is there an encore at some point? I missed it...not sure if I want to see it now, but it's worth a shot I guess...
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
You guys are all stupid. It was great.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433

No U
grok it.

SKREAM!

I liked it.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by Code Red Virus
No this smells like a big bucket of fail to me...Like the mind of Mencia

Called it....
(Thats right i quoted myself)
Quote by element4433

If you honestly believe that you're lying to yourself. This show is an atrocity compared to his stand up. The only decent thing was the side-view of the polka dots and even then I barely cracked a smile.
Quote by Code Red Virus
Called it....
(Thats right i quoted myself)

This show isn't even close to Mind of mencia......there's no racist jokes at all......

Quote by RU Experienced?
If you honestly believe that you're lying to yourself. This show is an atrocity compared to his stand up. The only decent thing was the side-view of the polka dots and even then I barely cracked a smile.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
At least it's on par with the usual one-season suck fests they have every year. It's kind of embarrassing how far they've gone to have another Chappelle Show.
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
Quote by RU Experienced?
What are you talking about? The sketches were well thought out and clever, his acting was better than I thought it was going to be, and stand up parts were good.

It surpassed my expectations, which were high.
Quote by The Madcap
I know.

I honestly loved it.
Thank you.

I like you.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I thought it was pretty funny. The skits kind of sucked, but I thought the rest was good. Plus, it's a pilot, and those are rarely the best episodes of shows.
Quote by element4433
What are you talking about? The sketches were well thought out and clever, his acting was better than I thought it was going to be, and stand up parts were good.

Sure they were well thought out. But I called every joke before he made it. It was too predictable.

And the diamonds thing was just too repetitive.

The best part was him playing guitar and flipping pages...which should've been a special, not a series.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong. I don't think it was terrible. Just...not what I was expecting. He can still redeem himself, but I'm not really gonna get my hopes up.
Last edited by archangels666 at Feb 11, 2009,
Page 1 of 2