Hey everyone..
Have a quick question. I was wondering how much it would cost to have the action lowered on my acoustic? Also if anyone is familiar of a place in the Los Angeles area that would do it I would like to know..thanks for the help!
James
I don't live in LA or the US, but it shouldn't cost you more than $20. It's an easy, quick procedure.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
A piece of sandpaper costs less than a dollar, it's up to you if you want to replace the strings at the same time or just loosen them to pull the bridge pins.

It should take about 5 minutes: loosen strings and pull the bridge pins, remove the saddle, determine how much you need to remove and make a sharp pencil mark, sand it from the bottom. Be careful, it's a lot easier to remove more if you have to than add some if you go too far. After you sand a little off the bottom, slap it back in and see how it feels. If you need to go more you can go more. If you went too far, you weren't careful enough.

Even if you really messed up somehow (I can't imagine how), buying a whole new saddle is cheaper than driving it to a shop and paying someone else to do something so simple.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
use a piece of glass for a flat surface. that should ensure a completely flat grind just to be safe.