Taken from a bulletin posted on myspace:

MUDVAYNE’S RYAN MARTINIE OFFERS ONE-ON-ONE BASS LESSONS TO FANS WITH PORTION OF PROCEEDS BENEFITTING THE HUMANE SOCIETY OF AMERICA

As they tour America in support of THE NEW GAME (Epic) CD, MUDVAYNE bassist RYAN MARTINIE has come up with a new way to connect with his fans that also benefits a charity he believes in. At upcoming shows on the band’s current U.S. trek, RYAN is offering an hour-long one-on-one bass lesson for a fan in each city.
Reservations for the bass lessons are available on a first-come, first-served basis via: http://ryanmartinie. com/.
The fee for each lesson is $250, $50 of which will be donated to The Humane Society Of The United States.

Players of all skills levels are welcome and a bass can be provided for the lesson if needed. Each session will consist of MUDVAYNE songs from the group’s current set list.

For current MUDVAYNE “The New Game Tour” dates and additional band information, go to http://www. thisismudvayne. com.

Discuss.
Well I would go there and steal the bass that would be provided. Although i would probably get mad at his awesomeness and snap the bass neck...
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Wow, reading the terms and conditions this guy seems like a total douchefag. Seriously how up tight are they? Current Mudvayne set songs only? Only a fifth of the price being donated to charity, all he's giving is an hour of his time and they still want 200 bucks for it. I dunno it sounds like either, he's a dick, he's got some really crappy publicity people/ contractors holding crap over his head, or he's a dick.

EDIT: I'm going to point out more bull**** because I'm bored.
"This is about music and not a "Hang out" session" - So mudvayne's the only music in the world? Seriously how can it really be about music if he won't teach anything that isn't mudvayne, sounds more like promotion.

"Session will not extend past one hour so please be punctual" - More about the up tight thing, it's like "if you're in there for 30 seconds more, we WILL kill you"

"Ryan reserves the right to cancel any lesson at any time, and any refund is at Ryan's discretion" - just... nah.
I'd never be this uptight and crappy to my fans, or a charity, seriously what's an hour of his time?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Feb 11, 2009,
I was going to say "Ryan is a great bassist, it would be great to learn from him"..but I don't think this is a 'lesson' exactly. Your music is going downhill, you can't recreate the unique sounds of your first two albums...so you make money selling the ideas you done on those albums. Ouch, things seem desperate. Ryan should maybe stop the idea of 'interacting with fans while jamming' and actually interact with them the best way he can....with good music again.
Yea it does seem pretty retarded anyways
notice i said discuss and i would snap the bass neck. i dont worship him.
Discusss moar.
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Last edited by PluckU at Feb 11, 2009,
Quote by PluckU
lawl maybe i shoulda read more into it.
but the thought of "hanging out" with ryan was pretty neat.

Many Warwick Thumbs, Corvettes and Vampyres lying around a full Warwick amp set up.(I think he's left Ampeg for Warwick...). And he may even have the fretless Pedulla out. That alone would be pretty nice to have. But the way everything else about this has been set up, I wouldnt be surprised if they gave you a Squier Jazz and a 10 Watt Behringer lol
Ryan is MY HERO!
CANNIBAL CORPSE

When the silence is gone, what have we become?
Well, the time limit thing is understandable- the man is on tour after all.

Of course he's going to teach through Mudavyne songs- those songs are his livlihood. And we don't know how he's going to teach through these songs. Maybe he'll help a student improve their muted slap technique through, say the verse of Dig, or explain how to go about a melodic approach around guitar chords, like in World so Cold.

The cost may be a bit much though.