Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a used fender hotrod deville from 96. The owner claims she has never changed any parts to the amp (including tubes) and she wants 475 for it. How much do you think it's actually worth? I offered her $350 btw.
If she counters with 400 then that wouldn't be bad. I wouldn't pay more than 4 though, especially when you can get a HRD for under 4 easy (and it has the plus of being lighter and slightly lower wattage) If the tubes are original then you're pretty much guaranteed they need replacing, I'd mention that.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
If she counters with 400 then that wouldn't be bad. I wouldn't pay more than 4 though, especially when you can get a HRD for under 4 easy (and it has the plus of being lighter and slightly lower wattage) If the tubes are original then you're pretty much guaranteed they need replacing, I'd mention that.

Thanks for the help. I did mention that I would replace the tubes right away after I got it. By the way, is the fact that it's from 1996 any detriment to the sound quality? She claims she has never had a problem with it. Hopefully if she likes the offer maybe she will let me visit to test out the thing.
those are supposedly better than the ones they sell now
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
If that's a US made one (I think it's on the borderline) then it's a great find. I can't back this up with my own experience, but the american ones are supposedly better all around.
ok thanks guys. Hopefully she agrees on the price because I know I will have to change the tubes sometime soon.
kinda off my originial topic but I was wondering. What are the best tubes I should put in a Fender Hotrod Deville 212? I play rock, hard rock, and blues and I plan on getting a Fulltone OCD for real distortion.
I wish I could remember what I had in my HRDeluxe, I think I had tung sol or JJ power tubes, much better than the stock tubes.
So now i'm thinking, since this is a used amplifier that has been gigged with, what should I look out for? The pictures show no physical damage. She says the amp has all original components (including the tubes, wtf?) So what should this buyer beware of?
the american ones are def. better sounding ones, im not sure though if that one is US made or not. the american ones are way way way better build quality. that being said, i wouldnt spend more than $400 on one.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Sounds like a good deal, if you can get it for that. If you get a chance to play it first, play it, and if it's in working order, it should be fine. I like tung-sols for every tube in the Hot Rod amps.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...