Page 1 of 5
I didnt find an anti guitar hero thread... I'm not againsed guitar gero, but I think they have gone a little too far for just a video game.

An almost exact replica of the Fender Telecaster

A gig bag for your guitar hero telecaster

Is that a bridge saddle? And fret board dots.... and a wood finish?

Any opinions on guitar hero guys?
Neversoft have really milked too much out of the series. It's getting pretty annoying.
Rock Band is where it's at! Instead of trying to put out all of these mediocre games each year, they just keep putting out dlc, which is really all I want.
No one gives a ****. I'm certainly not againsed it because it's a ****ING game. Grow up.
I know it is just a game. I like guitar hero. Its a fun game. But they are putting alot of effort into how the game looks which i think is wierd. Because people actually buy guitar hero controller game bags and the extra cool looking guitars.
I thought a big objective of guitar hero was to get kids that would never play the guitar to actually learn how to. But by selling these items make kids buy a guitar hero controller rather than an actual guitar.
you forgot to mention that that strat is like 300 bucks.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's just a game. Get over it.

A-fucking-men

Quote by Mannypedraza
shooped

Not shooped. Both are real products. The red one has the weight and feel of a real guitar with real metal hardware. It's like $250 if I remember correctly.
Quote by Mannypedraza
shooped

hahahahaha

DUH
███████████████████████████████████
Quote by happytimeharry
A-fucking-men

Not shooped. Both are real products. The red one has the weight and feel of a real guitar with real metal hardware. It's like $250 if I remember correctly.

he was joking. it was funny.
the game is kind of gay.

and it's spelled A G A I N S T
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Quote by Cobra Strike
I know it is just a game. I like guitar hero. Its a fun game. But they are putting alot of effort into how the game looks which i think is wierd. Because people actually buy guitar hero controller game bags and the extra cool looking guitars.
I thought a big objective of guitar hero was to get kids that would never play the guitar to actually learn how to. But by selling these items make kids buy a guitar hero controller rather than an actual guitar.

Nothing wrong with making something have visual appeal.
Yeah, why would a game want to stop looking like a toy and more like the real thing? I've never seen that happen before. *acid flashbacks of cops and robbers with toy guns, and steering wheels with racing games*
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by Godzilla1969
No one gives a ****. I'm certainly not againsed it because it's a ****ING game. Grow up.

your missing the point cause that IS the point, IT IS JUST A GAME! you dont need the controllers to look any better, be the actually weight and same wood as the real thing, you dont need gig bags cause it IS a game, none of these things effect game play and thats what TS is trying to say and I agree with him
Last edited by tands at Feb 11, 2009,
I hate the game. It's teaching kids how to pretend to be good. or great at something Most people on this thread will disagree in a split second... but I really don't care. The South Park Guitar Quero Episode says everything I have to say.
"Recycling and speed limits are bullshit...They're like someone who quits smoking on his deathbed."
Quote by aaronob
You should suspect drugs

i remember that thread

but i do think a $300 is a bit much for a vidya game accessory however people want realistic video game experiences, that includes controllers.
Quote by synestershadows
Shai Hulud mother****er.
Quote by tands
your missing the point cause that IS the point, IT IS JUST A GAME! you dont need the controllers to look any better, you dont need gig bags cause it IS a game, none of these things effect game play and thats what TS is trying to say and I agree with him

You obviously have a gig bag to bring your controller to a friend's. ALSO have you ever tried to transport guitar hero/rockband? It's hard. The box everything comes in isn't an option, because once it's out, it's never going back in. Rockband should get gig bags if they haven't already.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by ocelott
I hate the game. It's teaching kids how to pretend to be good.

No, it's getting kids into good music and giving them something fun to do. It's a game. Games are fun. I don't see what the big misunderstanding is here.
That's disgusting. They're killing our art! Except Kensai. I don't think he plays guitar.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by rock_star77
You obviously have a gig bag to bring your controller to a friend's. ALSO have you ever tried to transport guitar hero/rockband? It's hard. The box everything comes in isn't an option, because once it's out, it's never going back in. Rockband should get gig bags if they haven't already.

you throw the bloddy thing around your shoulder, it has a strap, in a gig bag its identical in terms of transportation

i dont even use a gig bag for my acoustic when im walking around town with it on my back
Quote by happytimeharry
No, it's getting kids into good music and giving them something fun to do. It's a game. Games are fun. I don't see what the big misunderstanding is here.

There's no misunderstanding. While not true for all guitarists, I can honestly say I'm better at guitar hero than I am at guitar. Mostly because I suck at guitar. BUT i've noticed guys who play guitar suck at guitar hero. Basically, jealousy consumes the people who hate this game. I PLAY THE REAL THING BUT I CAN'T PLAY IT, DAMMIT IT SUCKS!

EDIT: Post above me: Must be nice to live somewhere where it never rains.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by tands
you throw the bloddy thing around your shoulder, it has a strap, in a gig bag its identical in terms of transportation

i dont even use a gig bag for my acoustic when im walking around town with it on my back

Thanks for agreeing. Sorry I spelled againsed wrong. I can't type all that great.
But yeah, it is just a game. They dont need to replicate 200$ guitar hero strats. For that same 200$ guitar hero game controller you could have bought a fender squire.
Quote by Cobra Strike
Thanks for agreeing. Sorry I spelled againsed wrong. I can't type all that great.
But yeah, it is just a game. They dont need to replicate 200$ guitar hero strats. For that same 200$ guitar hero game controller you could have bought a fender squire.

What if some people don't want to learn how to play real guitar?
Quote by happytimeharry

I'll give you that... it's a better game than most. Ok... my biggest petpeive are all the people posting all these youtube videos of them playing. That's what gets me.
"Recycling and speed limits are bullshit...They're like someone who quits smoking on his deathbed."
Quote by ocelott
I'll give you that... it's a better game than most. Ok... my biggest petpeive are all the people posting all these youtube videos of them playing. That's what gets me.

How dare they have talent and show it off like the rest of the world
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Best just to ignore it.

If Fender wants to license their guitars to Guitar Hero, that's their business. Probably a good money-maker too (maybe they can lower their prices then?)

As far as the game goes, let the kids have their fun. They're only cheating themselves if they think it's a real instrument.

One good thing I can say about Guitar Hero - good music.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Yeah, fuck companies for trying to make money. They're definitely going too far when it comes to that.
Quote by Cobra Strike

Maybe that's what they're getting at. If someone sees a guitar with plastic buttons on it with for $200+ then maybe they'll think to themselves, "Damn, I could buy a REAL guitar for that price!" They think about what they just said for a moment, then trot off to buy a starter pack.
Quote by InvaderTSN
What if some people don't want to learn how to play real guitar?

Ok, a good arguement...

I understand not everybody is musically gifted. Or wants to put in the hours of practice everyday.
But going out and buying advanced behaving/ looking guitar hero and rock band equiptment that costs that much money is just wierd. I would never spent that much money on a video game. If they came out with a super mario yellow cape to go along with my super mario world i woul dprobably buy it. I love mario. But a 200$ mario cape? Never in a bajillion years!!!!
If the kid plays guitar hero, dont you think he/she has some desire to play the actual instrument? Idk....
Quote by Cobra Strike
Ok, a good arguement...

I understand not everybody is musically gifted. Or wants to put in the hours of practice everyday.
But going out and buying advanced behaving/ looking guitar hero and rock band equiptment that costs that much money is just wierd. I would never spent that much money on a video game. If they came out with a super mario yellow cape to go along with my super mario world i woul dprobably buy it. I love mario. But a 200$ mario cape? Never in a bajillion years!!!!
If the kid plays guitar hero, dont you think he/she has some desire to play the actual instrument? Idk....

Well, some people are avid and devoted fans to things, so they're willing to spend money on things you find ridiculous. Like Star Wars fans, for example. Some go over the top and dress up like Darth Vader while camping out in line at the movies to see Star Wars first.
Quote by Cobra Strike
Ok, a good arguement...

Yeah, that's way too much, but I think kids will still shell out the $200 just to have the "latest" Guitar Hero controller.

I haven't met anyone (aside from myself) that played Guitar Hero and developed a desire to play the real thing.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Page 1 of 5