Page 1 of 2
bring me the horizon.... chevelle.... alot of bands do... its fairly popular
Unearth have a few in drop B. there's a bunch of other metal bands but I'm too tired to think of them right now.
I met Black Stone Cherry when I was in Sturgis this last year. I asked what they played in and they said Drop B.
Amon Amarth
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
hey i have a little question i usually use the droped c tuning but i doing like the how slack the strings are i want to tune down to tune down to droped c but keep tight feel of the standard tuning can i do this and how (use thicker strings?)
^ thicker strings brah.

and my band uses dropped B :O
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Bring Me the Horizon actually plays in A I believe? i may be wrong but from what i can tell they do.
but yes, Parkway Drive and Machine Head do and most metal band such as those are tuned down to that.
some between the buried and me songs.

does the only/ultimate tuning thread not have a list of these? look there.
Quote by Nutman69
i think ur gonna get flamed pretty bad.

Gear:
Peavey 5150 Combo
LTD MH-1000 NT
Schecter 007 Elite
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Bring Me the Horizon, Parkway Drive, Machine Head, Devildriver, and sometimes Stone Sour play in Drop B. Unearth and Amon Amarth play in B standard, and Chevelle i think play in drop Bb (i could easily be wrong on that one though)
My Rig:

Schecter C-1+
Washburn X12QVS
Ibanez RG7321
Ovation Celebrity Acoustic-Electric
Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Crate Practice Amp
Marshall G80CDR
Maxon OD808
Trivium Use's B nowadays
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?
Quote by electricdeath
Trivium Use's B nowadays

Kind of....they use 7 strings not drop tuning
i THINK In Flames uses Dropped B
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Some Devildriver, brah.
Quote by Kanthras
Since there is no such thing as perfect tone, and every rig has differences (however slight they may be), I hereby declare this claim as bullshit.
Quote by heretic-clown
i THINK In Flames uses Dropped B

full step down\ drop C
Gibson 1972 SG Pro T-Top Bridge, P90 Neck
Dean DBD T ML
Jackson JS30RR EMGs 85-81
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Line6 Spider III HD75 Head - Behringer 412
Saving for a Marshall JCM 800.
veil of maya, my children my bride, knights of the abyss, through the eyes of the dead
but these are all drop b not b standard
Grinding at your head with my bone saw breaking zygoma
Isnt it drop A# not drop B?
since
notes go like A A# B C
their isn't a B# so if you're in C standard you're not gonna tune you c down one semitone to B and tune your other strings to up a semitone
I think most people are confusing drop A# with drop B unless some bands actually use drop b tuning.
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Quote by Rtard_GWARRIOR
full step down\ drop C

Wrong as well, they've used D standard, C standard and drop A#.

theocao: There are plenty of bands who use Drop B: Slipknot, Stone Sour, Bleeding Through, Origin...

Those are just what I can name off the top of my head, with some research I know I'd be able to find more. No, Drop A# and Drop B are not the same thing, Drop A# you tune down to C standard and then tune the low string to match the third whereas drop B you tune down to C# and then drop tune.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Feb 12, 2009,
ISIS have been known to use it, especially in their more recent stuff. Architects use this tuning as well
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, RATHER EMAIL MY SITE
beaconcraft@hotmail.com
www.beaconcraft.com

Quote by On Winds of Plague
The problem with these guys, they aren't beating a dead horse, they're sodomizing it, and then charging people to watch the video on the internet.
Even Nickelback have used Drop B (Side of a Bullet). I usually dont like them, but its a really good song. Even has a dimebag solo :P

(^ the end of the world)
its not technically dropped if its using a 7 string. its just e standard that happens to have a low B.

lots of bands use B standard as well. (BEADF#b) my last band was, and i play a lot in B normally.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
A couple rage against the machine songs are in Drop-B

Maggie's Farm by them has the chunkiest rock riff i've ever heard in Drop-B.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VRgaAHNNT8
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
Quote by theocao
Isnt it drop A# not drop B?
since
notes go like A A# B C
their isn't a B# so if you're in C standard you're not gonna tune you c down one semitone to B and tune your other strings to up a semitone
I think most people are confusing drop A# with drop B unless some bands actually use drop b tuning.

Drop A# = Drop Bb
Karnivool use a variant of Drop B tuning, with the lowest three strings in Drop B and the higher three in standard - B F# B G B E (low to high). I've got one of my guitars set up in this tuning and it is great.
Apparently Soilwork uses it too in a few songs don't ask what ones
Prog flavored juice ... You tried it yet?

Shameless plot to promote zee band.
Shed 31
a brutal metal band from Florida used it. cant remember the name though... something along the lines of "search bar"
I mosh continuosly
Page 1 of 2