Hi i want to to build a rig but I don't know anything on how to build one so can anyone tell me how make a decent one that would be great.
Quote by imdeth
There was a big spider (Spinarak) on my wall so I rolled up a newspaper and shouted "swift!" and killed it. It was super effective.
Quote by Sinister Jim
Hi i want to to build a rig but I don't know anything on how to build one so can anyone tell me how make a decent one that would be great.

When you say build, you do mean literally build it from scratch?

Well there's a thread on building cabs going on at the moment, packed full of information from some very smart dudes. Have a read.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1063283

EDIT : If you are building one, you really have to read this stuff first. Take in information from anywhere, from...home cinema system forums to bass forums to general wood building forums. Just to get an understanding of the different things involved with it (Wood, frequency ranges, speaker sizes, cabinet design, etc)
Last edited by Micehorns at Feb 12, 2009,
you want to "make" one.

or you want to put one together using equipment you wanna buy?
I play bass!
any ampeg + fender jazz= bass rig
███████████████████████████████████
SWR Marcus Miller Pre-amp--->SWR SM-900---->SWR Megoliath and SWR Big Ben

But Seriously, Styles of music you play? Budget? Random other preferances?
I have an SM-900 and the preamp's just better on the 900 than the MM. However, for the price of both, you could easily get the 1500 and have pretty much all the features in common with the SM-900 and the MM...
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Captain Insano
But Seriously, Styles of music you play? Budget? Random other preferances?

+1, we need all of that to be of any help to you.
Nope, no sig here.
Well, the norm for building a rig is to have an amp head for the amplification purposes and one, two, or possibly even more bass speaker cabinets (also called driver cabinets, woofer cabinets, or colloquially "cabs") to actually transmit the sound.

Oh! Don't forget to get a bass too! Without it, you can't play!

There, now you know the basics for building a bass rig.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
well I play hard rock,death metal,jazz,latin on my own i have about 1000 and i have a Ibanez BTB455
Quote by imdeth
There was a big spider (Spinarak) on my wall so I rolled up a newspaper and shouted "swift!" and killed it. It was super effective.