Currently i am in a decent metal band with rick playing lead and vocals, me playing rythym ,darren playing bass and derek playing drums. I like being in the band alot but i dont make any descisions or organize shows or even contribute much in writing songs ( same boat with as the bassist). And what i want to do is start a new kind of progressive/alternative band like muse,incubus and kinda jazzy is what we're aiming for and the member line up is kevin and rob as our singers me and joe as guitar players darren as the bassist and misha as the drummer. And im just wondering is it kind of douchey to not include rick(the guitarist im in a metal band with at the moment ) into this project. The reason i dont want to really have him is because hes kind of a control freak and i want to be able to participate in writing more and making music with different people but at the same time he invited me into his metal band which was really awsome of him seeing as he is a better guitarist and i liked the band alot.

So is it rude to not invite rick into this new band?

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
if rick already has his own band why does it matter
i like broccoli and long drives at the beach on my segway
is it your band or his band?
thats your answer
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
It's not rude at all. If he doesn't like it, too bad. It's the f*ckin' way she goes.
it might be rude but it is your project. if you really do want him for his musical abilities, you can have a little chat with him and tell him you're boss.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna invite you into my jazz band because you're a total control freeeeak

Sing him that. I don't think it's rude because if you started the other band it's not his choice
Yes, you are. Don't double post.

*reported*
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
i mean maybe you could talk to him about it first? if he isn't even into that stuff then whats the problem? i mean just say you want some opportunity to write more.
FACT: Rick will pour beer down darren's bass guitar and when darren reacts angrily, Rick will judo throw him into the wall.
Last edited by Dwight Schrute at Feb 12, 2009,
Quote by Normul

How could you not??

lmao hahahahaha
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
Quote by i_killed_bill
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna invite you into my jazz band because you're a total control freeeeak

Sing him that. I don't think it's rude because if you started the other band it's not his choice

lmao. Epic win. TS listen to this man.
What's with all the names? What are the chances that we will know any of that people?
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Knowing Rick I think he's going to feel bad, but Darren and Dereck will be there for him, just like the good 'ol days.
But it's completely fine IMO.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by shut_up_n00b
What's with all the names? What are the chances that we will know any of that people?

I quote you because of your second sig. Oh my god I almost **** myself laughing when I saw it.
Last edited by Blackwaterson89 at Feb 12, 2009,
I think if Misha and Rick start a band that involves themselves, you, and Derek but NOT Darren, that'd be kinda mean, so in retaliation I'm sure Darren would start a band with Kevin, Misha, Scotty, Bruce and Yoshimitsu, which would ultimately lead to Rick, Darren, Rob AND you starting a jazz-funk fusion band.

So basically, you're fine. Rick's a wanker.
Member of the Laney Cult
It's not rude, but at the same time, I don't think you should be in his band. It's like him doing you a favour and you turning down the opportunity to pay a friend back.

You could invite him into your band and then play really crap around him. that way, he'll be so ashamed of you, he'll leave.
XIAOXI
I was in a band where the lead/vox guy was a control freak, me and the drummer broke it off into our own band and it went nowhere cause I started at uni and now he's in the airforce. Something like that might happen to you too if you aren't careful so I reckon just ask him if you can help write the songs too.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
But, what if rick and darren's cousin's aunty pam, doesn't like the thought of misha playing when she's been in a relationship with rick's brother's friend's brother's nephew Jonathan?!