Page 1 of 2
any other joy division fans around? i've been listening to them a lot lately, and i really dig them. peter hook is such a good bassist. just the whole band is good.
Love em. Sig!
Quote by DirtyMakik
Hand Solo... got it?

Hand... Solo!

*makes fapping movement*

aww forget it.
They're one of my favorite bands. Unknown Pleasures is so damn good.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by narcoticsfairy
Love em. Sig!

They have better songs than that. E.g Disorder and Atmosphere.

Quote by element4433
Unknown Pleasures is so damn good.

Yup. One of my favs.
Last edited by вяaи∂ иєw at Feb 12, 2009,
we were playing a gig recently, and Transmission was in our set, but afterwards this relatiely old guy, steaming and i mean STEAMING drunk came up to us and started talking to us about Joy Division, but he kept on calling them Warsaw. I know they used to be called warsaw, but it was still kinda funny
Just listening to 'From Safety To Where'

Seriously immense stuff.. might watch Control later too, got it on Sky+
I was just listening to Ceremony (live version), the one where you can't hear Ian Curtis until the middle of the song. I wish they had of recorded that one, would've felt more complete.
I love them so much that if I ever have a son, I'm naming him Ian.

I was just wearing my Unknown Pleasures shirt the other day, speaking of.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
I really wanted to be a fan and enjoy them but his voice didn't seem to special or anything. The big thing was the drums, I just couldn't stand them.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
Quote by K-Lizzle

I was just wearing my Unknown Pleasures shirt the other day, speaking of.

I got the album cover as my iPod wallpaper.
Control is an awesome movie, and Unknown Pleasures is brilliant.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
I got the album cover as my iPod wallpaper.

I have a poster of that album cover on my bedroom wall.

Your turn.
I want a Joy Division poster. Maybe I'll finally take down my Blink 182 one from 8th grade and put one up.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Then you'll cover the Joy Division one with a new Blink 182 reunion poster.
Quote by ErikLensherr

I'd rather have a Joy Division reunion.

<.<
>.>
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Once us humans gain the power to resurrect. What happened to New Order?
Quote by ErikLensherr

Once us humans gain the power to resurrect. What happened to New Order?

Hook walked out claiming "New order were a husk". So I think its safe to assume we wont be seeing them together again..
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
I see no Closer appreciation

What's up with that?
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
greatest band ever
closer is the finest album ever made even though i cant listen to it anymore cos its too depressing after a while
My favorite band. I don't think they have one bad song, now that I think about it. "Closer" is the closest thing to a perfect album I've ever heard, and Substance is a damn good compilation. "Unknown Pleasures" is good, but it's vastly overrated. It's obvious the band were still perfecting their style, and a result it doesn't flow all that well as an album and alot of the songs lack direction, although that just makes me keep on coming back to it!

Ian Curtis and Bernard Sumner are the closest thing I have to musical heroes, I feel.

All really talented musicians, but Hooky seems a right prick. Walking out on New Order twice to form 2 bands that have the exact same sound as Bernard developed as the New Order sound, then calling Barney a dick and walking out for a 3rd time, thus ending the band.
Last edited by gallagher2006 at Feb 16, 2009,
I dont think any band is completly 100 percent original. But Joy Division comes pretty damn close.
They make me feel good when I'm otherwise feeling bad.

Is it not supposed to work like that?
Quote by Iluvpowerchords

I don't think so.. It tends to deepen my depression when I listen to them, but it's so good.. just me??
Quote by Libertine..
I don't think so.. It tends to deepen my depression when I listen to them, but it's so good.. just me??

It depends, I find "Unknown Pleasures" to be much more depressing than "Closer" as a whole. "Closer" is far too diverse to be a completely depressing album (but those last two songs may just be the most tear duct-irritating things the band ever did.). A truly depressing album would be so dreary and monotonous, that you'd just want it ****ing end (I think "Unknown Pleasures" is better at doing this, but I actually prefer "Closer"). "Unknown Pleasures" still does have variety ("Disorder," "Shadowplay," "Interzone"), though. I don't think you (or anyone) would want to hear a completely depressing album. It would be too harsh to bear.

Ok, I went WAY off topic. Let's just say if I'm down, I don't listen to JD. If I'm not upset, I listen to their stuff a lot.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Last edited by HiImKindaNewAnd at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by Iluvpowerchords

Reminds me of that annoying song, 'Let's Dance to Joy Division.' *shudder*
Quote by HiImKindaNewAnd
Ok, I went WAY off topic. Let's just say if I'm down, I don't listen to JD. If I'm not upset, I listen to their stuff a lot.

Hmm.. when I'm down I listen to sad music, and when I'm feeling good I listen to plastic indie shizzabangles..

Their music was always massively depressing, I can't think of many happy tracks.. it sounds haunting as well, Shadowplay was like
Quote by Libertine..
Hmm.. when I'm down I listen to sad music, and when I'm feeling good I listen to plastic indie shizzabangles..

Their music was always massively depressing, I can't think of many happy tracks.. it sounds haunting as well, Shadowplay was like

Shadowplay is one of my favorites. It's one of the few times Bernard actually comes out of the background, and he plays one of the most emotionally resonant solos I've ever heard. Two of 'em, actually.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
"Atmosphere" is one of the saddest songs I've ever heard. But it's sooo pretty.
Quote by K-Lizzle

Yeah. I just love it. It's probably my favourite Joy Division song.
It's gonna be a blue day
Not really. They do have very different sounds.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by K-Lizzle

Great track.

Quote by uhh_me?
is it weird that i love Joy Div, but can't stand New Order?

I'm the same, tbh. Never really got into New Order.
Quote by uhh_me?
is it weird that i love Joy Div, but can't stand New Order?

I kind of agree with this but to say I can't stand them would be an exaggeration but they're not really a band that I could ever get into.

'Unknown Pleasures' is right up there with my favourite albums. Joy Division are probably only behind The Beatles, Oasis and The Smiths in terms of my favourite bands.
Page 1 of 2