Alrighty, being on UG for a couple of months now, I've got some qs;

1. Why does everyone hate Line 6 Spiders?
- Whilst seeming to love all the same amps (Orange etc.)

2. Why does everyone hate the concept of rhythm guitar?
- I mean, if you can't play rhythm, you're pretty much useless.

3. Why does everyone hate the same guitars, and love the same ones?
- Standard thread "OMG some N00b had thiz squire and told me my Epiphone LP whaz crapz!". Everyone seems to have the same guitars here. You'd think there'd be a range of taste happening. This is similar to the Line 6 Spiders thing.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
1. Because they sound REALLY digital and crappy

2. We dont

3. Not everyone does if you go in the electric guitar forum there are tons of different opinions on what guitar someone recommends.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
1- spiders really arent that amazing

although many people havent even tried them. they're not that bad, really, but there are better options
most people just go along with what others say to sound smart

2- I really havent seen this around much. mostly because people like to be the center of attention, and prefer lead, as its usually the 'main thing'

3- similar to 1, most people havent even tried lots of the things they say suck. once a few people generalize about something, other follow.

so pretty much, most people just go with the largest crowd when it comes to this stuff..
i hate people who hate rythym guitar. playing good rythym guitar is an art of its own and is equal to lead. like castles made of sand, little wing, bold as love, lenny, riviera paridice to name a few good rythym songs
I am mainly a rhythm player

As for the spiders, I have actually played one of those things and it sounded really muddy and fake sounding...definitely not a good choice
Quote by Lethal Dosage

3. Not everyone does if you go in the electric guitar forum there are tons of different opinions on what guitar someone recommends.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1066392
This is a current thread about what guitar the guy should buy for rock.

Most answers are some form of Les Paul. One person suggests Ibanez or Schecter. It is rare to find recommendations outside this.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1066392
This is a current thread about what guitar the guy should buy for rock.

Most answers are some form of Les Paul. One person suggests Ibanez or Schecter. It is rare to find recommendations outside this.

I always recommend ibanez unless the TS posts about not liking something about them, since ibanez is basically made for the rock/metal player.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
- Because spiders suck.

-We dont, i think its your guilty conscious.

- Because we are UG. and we know everything.
1) The general opinion on just about every guitar forum on the www is that Line 6 spiders and Marshal MG amps are bad compared to other amps in their class, it has nothing to do with gear snobbery.

2) Can't say I've noticed

3) Like has been mentioned, people make such generalisations often with no knowledge of the Guitar they are slagging off.
I wish I had tallent and ability.

Squier Vintage Modified Strat, Black with laquered 70s neck
Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
Quote by AlanHB
- Standard thread "OMG some N00b had thiz squire and told me my Epiphone LP whaz crapz!". Everyone seems to have the same guitars here. You'd think there'd be a range of taste happening. This is similar to the Line 6 Spiders thing.

Given that most posters are generally fairly young and into heavy stuff (this is not a criticism), it seems relatively logical that there'll be a lot of similarity of kit. If you look the guitars that fulfil the requirements of the players (cheap, humbuckers, look "metal"), you come out with a relatively short list*.

* Okay, it's only short if you stick to terms like "Les Paul copy" and "Ibanez RG series", but you get my point.
Oh, now I've gone and spilled my tea. This really won't do at all.
Seems to me like a lot of people (not all!!!!!!!! (<------note)) like Ibanez, Dean, and other stuff geared towards harder rock and metal.

I like my Luna.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
I think younger players (in age.. not skill), have to shell out a lot $$ relative to what they get paid at work in order to get a decent set up. There is an emotional attachment to something you work hard for and are very proud of.

An old geez like me maybe doesn't get the rock n roll chicks anymore , but I can drop good money on a guitar in kijiji , play it for a couple months and then sell it again without really batting an eye. It's the trade off for getting old... but I don't get too emotional about instruments anymore..

ah... scratch all that... everything sucks but what I have. :P
2001 Gibson USA Les Paul Studio Black/Gold
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Ex guits 2002 Ovation Elite, 1995 Seagull 12 BC Rich Gunslinger Snakeskin Various Yamaha Various Sammick Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone ES
Last edited by Milez5858 at Feb 12, 2009,
Quote by AlanHB
Alrighty, being on UG for a couple of months now, I've got some qs;

- Whilst seeming to love all the same amps (Orange etc.)

- I mean, if you can't play rhythm, you're pretty much useless.

1) I don't hate Line 6 Spider amps, in fact I chose to get one because I figured it would be a decent amount of bang for a tight budget. I actually like it. People who complain about the weird digital effects that Spiders make haven't figured out how to turn them off and save channel settings. And unlike the frequent complaints about Spider amps' inability to turn on, the one I have turns on every time. I guess it really comes down to quality control for that gripe. I do admit there are much better amps I could've gotten, though. If I had shelled out a few more bucks I could've gotten a Peavey Vyper with more than twice the features.

2) We don't. It's the meat and potatoes of all songs, why would we?

3) It all has to do with trends, dude. Just like fashion. If the majority likes a certain guitar, they'll recommend it over others. But in the end, you're the one who's going to be using the gear, and the only thing that matters is if it suits you well.