I bought a tube combo and it doesnt have a delay function...so i need a pedal
I tried a search bar and i coulndt find a decent thread on this (plz dont flame me if u find one)

so far Ive been recommend the Boss delay 6 or 7 and MXR carbon delay
either of them the best for the money?? any other better ones??
I don't know if it's better than the others you mentioned but it is very good and very versatile... the Digitech HARDWIRE DL8 is a very nice sounding delay/looper pedal.
Quote by TubeAmpGuy
I don't know if it's better than the others you mentioned but it is very good and very versatile... the Digitech HARDWIRE DL8 is a very nice sounding delay/looper pedal.

I got the amp as ur avatar :P
ok thnx for the suggestion...ill def check it out
The Carbon Copy is analog. The Bosses are digital. Analog is very lush and spacious and natural sounding. It's not as versatile as the Bosses, but sound quality and effect depth are far better. If you need versatility and tap tempo, then you need the Boss.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
The Carbon Copy is analog. The Bosses are digital. Analog is very lush and spacious and natural sounding. It's not as versatile as the Bosses, but sound quality and effect depth are far better. If you need versatility and tap tempo, then you need the Boss.

tab as in it creates delay at the speed u set at by stomping ur feet on it a few times??
it spaces out the time between delay segments.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
it spaces out the time between delay segments.

huh -.- ??
delay is basically just modified repeats of the sounds from your guitar played back over and over again. a tap tempo controls the length of the gap between the repeats. it enables you to set the tempo of the delay with your feet to ensure the delay is in time with your playing.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
delay is basically just modified repeats of the sounds from your guitar played back over and over again. a tap tempo controls the length of the gap between the repeats. it enables you to set the tempo of the delay with your feet to ensure the delay is in time with your playing.

i pretty much said that didnt i??
i gotcha, but how come analog delays dont have that function
that sucks eh :S
thnx for ur replys
Quote by Antimage27
i pretty much said that didnt i??
i gotcha, but how come analog delays dont have that function
that sucks eh :S
thnx for ur replys

yeah, but I wanted to clarify to make sure you fully got it. understanding gear all the way helps you to make better decisions in picking it out.

Because analog delays are natural? Someone with more experience than me can answer that question better (aside from the obvious...a digital delay processes the signal and modifies it on a digital circuitboard, enabling it to do just about anything to it...analog does not)

Don't judge me.