Page 3 of 11
yup, all their products are like that. Absolutely amazing build quality
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
we need more people on UG to support Splawn.
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
I can 'make' a banner in Photoshop for the main post if you'd like that 311.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
I should be getting my supestock soon it'd almost been 4 months

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I saved for a whole year. Basically started saving when I got to UG.

Dude!
I need a job..
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
^i^ Eric

The speakers need another 24 hours in the pit breaking in but......here is some new

splawnage

4splawnKevin_Saale riffage 4.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/311ZOSOVHJH/music/all/play544531

Edit PS: Mike congrats on your NitroNAD!

cab lately?
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Feb 15, 2009,
Short quickrod review comin up. I don't like doing a full review for something I don't own and can't spend a lot of time with. I do feel comfortable doing a paragraph for an amp I spent a few hours with.

Overall, great amp. I'll start with the negatives first. I didn't really dig the clean, just not to my liking, but then again, it's not why you buy the amp .

The gears were very cool and each one sort've had it's own voice, same for the OD1/OD2, each changed the gain structure a bit. Overall, the tone is very clear with a sort of snarling mid range, very aggressive. Lots of bass, I don't know if that's the cab or what but it there definitely isn't a shortage of bass response to be had.

I love how clear and articulate this amp sounds. At lower gain settings it cleaned up very well, while at higher gain settings (think van halen levels and then some) you could get lighter sounds by varying your pick attack. It did the brown sound pretty spot on, but you could still tell it was a splawn, the amp sort of has it's own voice.

Overall a very responsive amp, maybe not extremely versatile, but the sound it does do is quite amazing. I could just sit there all day banging out A5 chords and never get tired of it. Now I'm gassing my ass off for a competition!
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I want a comp really really bad
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Khoifish321
we need more people on UG to support Splawn.

You forget 90% are kids - or plain dumb.

If people had the money.....

Plus i live in the UK with the worst economic rate since Zimbabwe.....oh yeah so easy!

/rant.

I would if i could.
Quote by davedoom
You forget 90% are kids - or plain dumb.

If people had the money.....

Plus i live in the UK with the worst economic rate since Zimbabwe.....oh yeah so easy!

/rant.

I would if i could.

You'd think, but Splawn and Bareknuckle pickups get suggested here so often and that you'd think half the board own them, or that they're something you can just walk into GC and try at your leisure. I'm serious at a disbelief at how many people recommend Bareknuckle pickups and Splawn amps, they are not things that people see everyday and are so widespread for everyone to play that so many people can make honest suggestions of these.
Last edited by al112987 at Feb 15, 2009,
I've never reccomended barenuckle pickups, but I'm guilty about the splawn
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Touché.

Almost. If it weren't for the dregs of the Pit falling into here now and again - i'd wholeheartedly agree with you.
Quote by al112987
You'd think, but Splawn and Bareknuckle pickups get suggested here so often and that you'd think half the board own them, or that they're something you can just walk into GC and try at your leisure. I'm serious at a disbelief at how many people recommend Bareknuckle pickups and Splawn amps, they are not things that people see everyday and are so widespread for everyone to play that so many people can make honest suggestions of these.

Hah, true, but a bit exaggerated. Splawn only started getting recommended after 311 and others got their's and the kids on here had never heard anything better..

I had been GASing for a Nitro since I first heard it, finally found it in my price range.

Seriously though, 3 months ago, Splawns were almost never mentioned. Outside of the Pro Stock I was about to buy.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

I think it was just a strange turn of coincidental events within this past week of people getting Splawns

but that's not a bad thing
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Quote by mike.h
I can 'make' a banner in Photoshop for the main post if you'd like that 311.

What do you mean? Like this?

Kevin - thanks for the review. I'm glad you liked it.

I'll get your other clips up to this week sometime after I edit.

BOZCFC - Thanks for your contribution. I didn't listen to clip yet but I recognize it from youtube so I'm sure I've heard it before.

Khoifish- I can't wait for your NAD tomorrow.
Hey I was recommending splawn 4 or 5 months ago! jeesh!

haha
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
can any one explain the how the gears work on the quickrod?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
A splawn thread started without HTH!?!
BLASPHEMY!

If it were not for me being a dick about them to everyone nobody would know about em lol!
no it was really erock...

I need to make some cash so I can snag a Super-Comp and a 2x12
I got my Nitro today!!!

This thing is LOUD! It was louder than my 100 watt 2203KK even at 50 watt mode!!!! It's sounds great, I like the tone on Full Power better though. I haven't had a chance to play with the EQ enough yet.

I think I might want to get a boost to get it a little more saturated. It's not as saturated as I thought and the gain is a bit less than I thought. All in all, it sounds amazing!! Searing solo tones, and awesome thick rhythms.

I love the voicing of this amp so far!

Did I mention this amp looks SEXY? I got black on black Plexi style, it is absolutely beautiful!

Pics and more info to come soon, I'm playing it and still getting to know it right now
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Quote by Khoifish321
I got my Nitro today!!!

This thing is LOUD! It was louder than my 100 watt 2203KK even at 50 watt mode!!!! It's sounds great, I like the tone on Full Power better though. I haven't had a chance to play with the EQ enough yet.

I think I might want to get a boost to get it a little more saturated. It's not as saturated as I thought and the gain is a bit less than I thought. All in all, it sounds amazing!! Searing solo tones, and awesome thick rhythms.

I love the voicing of this amp so far!

Did I mention this amp looks SEXY? I got black on black Plexi style, it is absolutely beautiful!

Pics and more info to come soon, I'm playing it and still getting to know it right now

SWEET!

Where's your NAD thread dude? Plexi style? So it looks like mine but with black piping? Wow

Yeah - I run my Bad Monkey in front as a clean boost and it really makes things come alive.

Congrats
Quote by mike.h
Hah, true, but a bit exaggerated. Splawn only started getting recommended after 311 and others got their's and the kids on here had never heard anything better..

I had been GASing for a Nitro since I first heard it, finally found it in my price range.

Seriously though, 3 months ago, Splawns were almost never mentioned. Outside of the Pro Stock I was about to buy.

I saw a video of a Quickrod like a year ago, and.....

I've had extremely bad GAS for one for AGES. But... things came up (my dad's getting laid off, and my parents don't want me working "in the middle of the school year" ), and I haven't been able to get one yet. Hopefully, one day I'll own one though...
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I think I'm gonna have to pick up a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET soon. But I really want to get some recording gear first

my NAD is coming... I didn't have time today because I was recording some stuff with my friend, and I don't really have a camera right now except my phone, but that takes bad pics and it won't do it justice. This is one of the most beautiful amps I've seen.

I really can't believe how loud this amp is.... 50 watts a 9:00 and it screamed louder than my 100 watt Marshall at 10:00!
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Last edited by Khoifish321 at Feb 16, 2009,
Watts don't play that big of a role when it comes to volume

Is the saturation still buggin ya? How saturated is it in comparison to other high gain monsters you've tried?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Nah, it's not bugging me too much, I can still make it scream with some pretty heavy tones!

It's just it is incredibly loud and there is a HUGE volume boost when you barely move it.

For some reason, it's almost reminiscent of a 5150... probably a bad comparison to it, but it kind of reminded me of it

Compared to my Marshall 2203KK, the 2203KK had much more gain and it was far grittier and textured. The Nitro is smoother compared to it and has a better crunchiness to it. The 2203KK had a far more intense scooped metal tone. The Nitro isn't as "chugga chugga"

I do like the amp in 100 watt over the 50 watt mode. It's definitely tighter on the low end.

Here's a clip by FastRedPony from Harmony Central that demonstrates the Nitro tone really well. You can get these tones easily without any boost or anything. I've found this is more true to the Nitro tone than some other videos/clips. You can hear the crunchiness in the rhythm

I hope he doesn't mind me posting this, but I think it sounds great

http://www.drewlankford.com/Music/MojoRawk.mp3
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Last edited by Khoifish321 at Feb 16, 2009,
Yeah I heard that.

I'd love to hear someone do a totally all out br00talz clip with the Nitro. Erock kinda went there, but no one has really gone all out.

I find for some reason Pony's clips/videos tend to sound like grindier or something.. it just sounds different than most clips/videos I hear.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Here's a little teaser

Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
I actually traded it for the Nitro with $200 I threw in

this head is basically new, it is soooo clean
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
I want
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era