Page 4 of 11
(Invalid img)
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
I think I need to invest in a volume pedal first for the loop to do that DIY attenuator trick
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
For the volume?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

You can read up on the volume pedal fx loop trick on the splawn forums but yes, it allows you to get a more cranked up tone at reasonabe volumes.

Khoifish - I can wait I guess

That's a Nitro headshell not a Plexi headshell.

- I cleaned up page 1 too.

Edit: My computer is majorly f'd. Typed from blackberry. Catch you guys later.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Feb 16, 2009,
Yeah I'm fully aware of what the volume pedal trick does, just wondering what his reasoning for wanting it is
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Last edited by mike.h at Feb 16, 2009,
I can't find a decent camera
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
You can read up on the volume pedal fx loop trick on the splawn forums but yes, it allows you to get a more cranked up tone at reasonabe volumes.

I use my RC-20 for that EXACT same purpose........
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by mike.h
Yeah I heard that.

I'd love to hear someone do a totally all out br00talz clip with the Nitro. Erock kinda went there, but no one has really gone all out.

I find for some reason Pony's clips/videos tend to sound like grindier or something.. it just sounds different than most clips/videos I hear.

I'll try to get a Quickrod clip of it doing sludgy death metal. The nitro can only go up from there.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
It's just a master volume fx trick. I have a volume box but don't use it.

Here are my current settings:

(1/10)

Presence = 8
Bass = 4
Mid = 7
Treb = 6
Solo = 3 (off)
Volume = 3
Gain = 6
Mode = Gear 2
Clean channel same basically
OD pedal Gain = 0, Level = 10
Gate, Delay and EQ in loop but rarely used. It's a quiet amp really no buzz or abnoxious screaching.

Quote by MESAexplorer
I'll try to get a Quickrod clip of it doing sludgy death metal. The nitro can only go up from there.

That would be sick tight!
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Feb 17, 2009,
Sick tight?

I believe you just dated your age jk jk

Yeah, I should have some time to get some pics saturday night or sunday day.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
that's a 311 song

and you mean CLIPS right?

Clips and Pics.

You fellas can call me Corey if you please.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Last edited by MESAexplorer at Feb 17, 2009,
Sweet, stuff Corey.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I know I'll never have the cash to buy one, but, out of curiousity, has anyone put in yellowjackets with pulled tubes to get it down to (i think) about 18w? How'd it sound?
Clips perhaps?
saltysnail^I can't speak to that directly but I do believe it is discussed on the Splawn forums at splawnguitars.com

Brett - Here are some fresh Splawnage clips from last Saturday. Kevin Saale playing of course. These are with his guitar. I didn't edit too much, we were just fuking around.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/311ZOSOVHJH/music/all/play547174
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Feb 18, 2009,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
saltysnail^I can't speak to that directly but I do believe it is discussed on the Splawn forums at splawnguitars.com

Brett - Here are some fresh Splawnage clips from last Saturday. Kevin Saale playing of course. These are with his guitar. I didn't edit too much, we were just fuking around.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/311ZOSOVHJH/music/all/play547174

311- the tonez are fully cool. I was playing along with it just my guitar straight into my SLO, & it sounded pretty cool jamming along. The tones blend REALLY REALLY well. Those Splawns seem like really killer setups. Glad you guys found those things!
I still haven't even SEEN one in person, except at the George Lynch gig at The Tone Merchants in Anaheim w/ Austin. Got to walk by one for a few seconds & imagine teh koolness.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^Thanks Randy for stopping by. Please make an effort to try one. Any one of them.

Yeah, thanks a f#@king lot. Next time I'm tripping over the f#@king things, I'll be sure to try one, & hopefully not spill beer in it !!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: ****crosses fingers hoping to fall over a Nitro****
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
your latest clip is killer............you need to at least try a splawn.

thanks again for putting up your clipzorz from tonight

Hey, thanks man! Glad you like it. That one had a lot more f#@kups in it than usual, but I thought it sounded VH-ish enough. I love playing that style, but it's such a copycat thing . That's why I try not to do too much tapping & whammy bar.

I've been wanting to try a Splawn for years actually. I heard about them about 3 yrs ago, but never found anyone anywhere that had one. That's why I was heartbroken walking by the one in Anaheim. The store was actually closed, but let a small group in for the George Lynch demo. No one got to try any amps . That store is THE BEST amp shop I've ever been to. Better than NAMM even, because they had all sorts of boutique stuff you'd never see at NAMM. I will be on the lookout for teh Splawnz, though.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard

I just bought a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET to boost my Nitro.

Now it will sound even more badass
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Bumblefoot in the latest ed. of Guitarist UK - yes, i know this anyway.....

"Chinese Democracy was me on a Splawn modded JCM800"

Damn well sounds like it.

Ch. Dem. haters - screw you tbh - there are some heavy songs and sounds on there!
Fresh Splawnage

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/311ZOSOVHJH/music/all/play547914

don't laugh OK I'm workin' on it.

2Splawn Gear 2 OD demo of sorts - I do a small demo starting at 1:00 but you can't hear me unless you have headphones on. 4:00 wit some more heavies.

2Splawn Gear 2 tempo change for Goolz - basically me just funkin around.

^davedoom - I didn't know that but good to know
I god I butcher holy wars so badly, how embarassing.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
you guys need more gaiinnnnnnnnnnnnnn on your clips!!
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
subdivisions is an AMAZING song Top 5 rush songs for me

EDIT: haha wrong thread!

but yeah MORE GAIN Johannes
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Feb 18, 2009,
well lets here it I wanna hear the most gain you can get outta her
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
that was like no gain at all! hardly a mild crunch even!

WE WANT SOULS TO BE SHATTERED!!!! AAARRRGGHHH!!!!! GGGGWWWWWWWWWUUUAAAAAA!!!!!!! SSPLLLAAAAAAAWWWWNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
When you were playing as loud as we were you really don't need much gain. Switch it to gear 3 and put the gain on 3/4s, that'll blow you away right there.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
+1 Kev I want it to Rock the house I want it to Shake buildings and break mirriors
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I started recommending them after falling in love with em.

I only reccomend them to those looking for high-gain british voicing. I never ever recommend them to those looking for a german or american voicing you know?