I'm a beginning player and looking for an instructional dvd. Rock House rock guitar beginner and also Fender getting started on electric guitar both get good reviews. Any one tried either dvd. Which one is easy to understand,useful information,dosn't just teach a few chords and than jumps ahead beyond beginners understanding.Something to get me started without wasting my money.
i used rock house whe i started playing i thought it was nice because it came with tabs to try and i liked how clear the guy was in teaching it. good variety of lessons too
John Petrucci's rock discipline is a definite good buy. (DVD or book your choice)
And when you get a bit better and start soloing, Paul Gilberts intense rock 1+2.
personally i think instructional dvds suck...you dont get the actual one on oneness like you do with a teacher
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Orange Tiny Terror with 1x12 cab
Big Muff
Vox Clyge McCoy Wah Pedel
Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by Punk_Ninja
John Petrucci's rock discipline is a definite good buy. (DVD or book your choice)
And when you get a bit better and start soloing, Paul Gilberts intense rock 1+2.

This
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Well, on my first day of playing I just fired up the "Learn to play Iron Maiden" dvd and tried out NotB.....does that count?
I got a Rock House beginner dvd for free with my guitar. There were only beginner stuff, so it didn't help me a bit. But I watched the whole thing and I think it's great for a starter. Everything was there to learn when starting. Instructions were clear and easy to understand. Go for it.

Don't get Petrucci's Rock Discipline. It won't help you much if u are just starting out.