Anyone else on Accutane? Anyone else take it in the past?

Discuss?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
ye i was on it, finished my treatment about a month ago..worked like magic

What Goes Up

Must Come Down
I've attempted it....twice. Yes it was working like magic, but I was experiencing a lot of side effects. First time I tried it my acne dissapeared, but so did my concentration. I was about to fail that schoolyear, so I had to quit the accutane. I didn't finish the treatment so yeah, the acne came back.

Second attempt was during a 3 month vacation, so the concentration wouldn't be an issue. This time it was ****ing with my stomach and state of mind. I got so sick I lost 16 pounds in 3 weeks, couldn't eat at all without throwing up. Also got really depressed. I had to quit again, since the weight loss was too brutal and would have killed me before finishing the treatment.

If you don't get the side effects, it'll work like magic.

2 years later, I still have my acne since I couldn't finish the treatment
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Feb 12, 2009,
I'm guessing it's an acne cream of some sort?
I don't get acne
I could recommend it to some people though.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
my sister was on it, worked fine. i'm not but i do need to be
Was on it, turned "grey" according to my mom, also depression.
30w crate
Epi sg
Fretless yamaha pacifica

Being poor rules.
Acutane is a ****ing miracle, now I'm even more beautiful. lol sorry had to, i stopped my meds like er 2 months ago. The real problem i had with it was the dry skin.. and most bitchiest thing was the DRY lips. It really ****ed my lips up but now they're getting better. Now after 2 months my acne is kind of coming back but my greasy food diet doesn't help haha.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
yeh i was on it. worked great. i get a couple of pimples every now and then especially about this time of the year cos its really hot n humid but the actual ance has never been seen since. Just use a good lip balm right from the start of your treatment cos if u let your lips get too dry it will be a serious pain to deal with.
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
^ yeah I suggest the green natural chapstick.. it's here in the states idk about other places...
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
ye the only problems i had with it was the dry lips and i got dry skin on my arms but not on my face lol

What Goes Up

Must Come Down
Where im from (Australia) it's called Roaccutane. I was on it, dry f*ckin lips for 9 months, but it works. It works like awesome.
i did and i'mm done. it worked great but youll get a problem of severe lip chappage when your off. and my acne is starting to come back it's been 6 months since i was off...
Quote by iantheman
I laughed at someone for breaking his g-string, and got sigged

Quote by Veil Of Osiris

You just made me spit out my Kool-Aid all over my keyboard.

sorry
i was on a low dose of it for 6 months, worked great. i heard it said the side effects are more prominent when youre on a top strength dosage?
I was on Roaccutane for Cystic Acne.

My dermatologyst said it was the worst case he had ever seen.

I finished the treatment once.

...then had to complete it a second time.

My dermatologist said I was the first person he knew who ever needed a third treatment.

I sometimes got depressed wich is a known side affect but i found when my skin was clearing up i felt better about my self so not too upset.

The worst thing is the really dry skin and chapped lips it gives you. That has never gone away.
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

REMEMBER DISCO: All stupid fads go away with time. STOP COMPLAINING
My brother is on it right now. It is amazing how well it is working only after a month. You do have to be aware of the side effects such as depression with thoughts of self harm.

Basically, if your acne isn't getting any better (he is 20 years old and it wasn't going anywhere) You should at least try it.

But you really should have someone look out for you and make sure you don't do anything stupid.
I'm going to start it around next week...my doctor told me that in some cases, in the first month of use, the acne may be the same or worse, but in the following month it should start to clear up...is this true?
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
i wanted to start it cuz i was sick of trying things, but my doctor wouldn't let me and recommended something else before i resorted to Acutane. so now, i'm taking doxycycline and tricycline pills, or something like that, and i have a clindamycin phosphate topical gel for my face. it seems to get rid of existing pimples in a couple days if i use it properly, but doesn't seem to stop new ones from coming in..

idk about Acutane though, one of my friends was on it and he had to have blood tests every month, and he definitely got the dry skin and stuff. most doctors where i live won't do it except for one because of the side-effects and the large amounts of paperwork. i also heard it's almost impossible to give to girls cuz it can mess them up for later in life or something, like birth defects. it sounds intense but from what i've heard from people it works amazing. if my products don't start working better i'm gonna try and get on it.
...why?
Quote by FFTLxx
I'm guessing it's an acne cream of some sort?
I don't get acne
I could recommend it to some people though.

It's not a cream it's a pill with the drug Isotretinoin. Dries you out but if the treatments are successfull, you can be nearly zit free for the rest of your life. I'm thinking about going on a second treatment, ironically enough today is the day where i need to decide. It worked really well but i'm not sure if i'm completely out of the water yet.

Also, those salicylic astringents are terrible, completely destroyed my skin at one time.

And I never got any side effects except the intended one (extreme dryness. Visine and lip balm become your best friends). So I'm not sure what all the psychological effects people talk about are... but i wouldn't doubt that they exist.
a couple of my friends used it in high school, they would have the driest falkiest skin i've ever seen a human have. it worked real good, but ****ed up my friends liver, now he gets wasted off only one beer. you see, among the other things it does, accutane dries your skin up and reduces (or augments, i forget which one) your amount of berebiline (not sure how to spell it). its some sort of chemical in your liver, so when you have an extra dose of it given to you, your liver becomes used to having that dose and when you finish your treatment your liver doesnt produce as much of it as before therefore causing problems, one of them being alcohol tolerance. i'm dead serious, he has ONE beer, and he is done for the night. he used to be a hell of a drinker, but ever since accutane his liver is just ****e.
Last edited by metalblaster at Feb 12, 2009,
Glad to hear I'm not the only one dealing with extreme cystic acne!

I've been on it for....about a week now. My face is all dry and peeling, and my lips are chapped like no tomorrow. I haven't figured out what to do for my face, but I'm using Carmex on my lips. I love that stuff. Funny story though, I know someone who took it, and it worked and all, but now he's addicted to cherry Carmex

Any advice for my dry, peeling face?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
i was recommened it but am not on it since i hear i would have to have my blood drawn every month. im deathly afraid of needles
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I had fairly bad acne in Hs but never bad enough to warrant that stuff (although now apparenlty dermatologists are prescribing it for cases even less severe than mine) IMO from people I know that have been on it, it's really not worth it unless you have really terrible persistent acne.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I took it and it was the best. I haven't had any pimples aside from less than 10 in the past 2 years. I love it. It sucked going through it, but it did wonders for my self esteem (even though its still pretty low....)
Quote by Natrone
Glad to hear I'm not the only one dealing with extreme cystic acne!

I've been on it for....about a week now. My face is all dry and peeling, and my lips are chapped like no tomorrow. I haven't figured out what to do for my face, but I'm using Carmex on my lips. I love that stuff. Funny story though, I know someone who took it, and it worked and all, but now he's addicted to cherry Carmex

Any advice for my dry, peeling face?

face moisturizer. this one green stuff works like a charm ill get the name later..

man anything green is ****ing awesome..
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
I was on it for a few months. Works like magic but drys the hell out of your skin, especially your lips. And the depression stuff is mostly BS, multiple studies have found no link between the two.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.