Basically, we host a full-band jam night that's much bigger and heavier than most of the competition (massive drum kit, loads of instruments etc). I didn't think we were advertising it in the right way.

So I fired up Photoshop and decided to do a quick new design for the posters. Suddenly, looking back at it with fresh eyes, I'm not sure. Does the 'Big Jam' sound stupid?And are the pseudo-sponsor logos too much? (It is the actual equipment we use, I only threw the logos in to fill out some empty space and let people know we took our gear seriously.)

So what do you guys think of the new design? I've also put the older one underneath it, let me know how they compare!

New Design:

Old design:

Cheers!
Last edited by kyle62 at Feb 12, 2009,
I'd say go for a mix. Do some black and white with some funky fonting like you used to have. Maybe a bit less funky for easy reading so that it catches your eye when you walk past it in a hurry?
Quote by pandora_grunt
Do some black and white with some funky fonting like you used to have. Maybe a bit less funky for easy reading

Cheers man, that's exactly what my bandmate said when I showed him the first attempt:

Fun, but not remotely functional.
Maybe try something that looks like it's on the label of a big jar of jam...

I like both the flyers in the 1st post.....definitely not the one in the 3rd post.
Gear

Gibson '57 Les Paul Reissue
Marshall TSL 601
EHX: Big Muff, Metal Muff, Small Stone, POG, 2880
Ibanez TS808
Voodoo Labs Microvibe
Analogman Chorus
Morley Bad Horsie II
Keeley Compressor (C4)
Nova Delay
MXR 10-band EQ
Quote by Guitartist
Maybe try something that looks like it's on the label of a big jar of jam...

Great minds think alike?

Already tried that:

Maybe develop a poster out of that?