Okay, so I have two problems with acoustic guitar and electric guitar.

1. Acoustic strumming - so, recently, I listened to City of Delusion by Muse. At the very beginning, there is beautiful acoustic strumming... when I attempt to do this, it sounds rubbish, because I'm just moving the pick up and down with the music. On COD, it sounds gorgeous, with little highlights, inflections, notes (if that's the right way to describe it). How can I strum like this?

2. Electric tapping... I've been trying to right hand tap for a while now, but I just can't do it. I can't get my damn right hand fingers to move in sync with my left. Any advice on this?

Any help will be excellent. Thanks
acoustic strumming, cant help with that, sorry

tapping, search for Kristopher Dahl and look at his tapping video
Gear:

Jackson RR-3 Eerie Desert Swirl
Alden Warlord Guitar+Bass
Encore Strat
KTone Alpine White 6/12 Double Neck SG
Digitech RP500
Kustom Amp KGA16R

And A Bunch Of Other Stuff
Well for the acoustic guitar rhythm. Try to find a guitar pro tab of the song on the site, and slow it down, then play it, see what the rhythm is slowed down, emulate that rhythm, then speed up a bit, play it, speed it up a bit more etc.

As for tapping. Don't try and go lightning fast straight away, although trying to get tapping down is a very tedious process, especially when being played slowly.

Try doing tapping like this:

e|-----5-----8------12--------|

Just do that quite slowly, then start moving to different positions.
Quote by JoeLovette

Try doing tapping like this:

e|-----5-----8------12--------|

Just do that quite slowly, then start moving to different positions.

is it just me or is that the wrong way around
Gear:

Encore Strat
Digitech RP500
Kustom Amp KGA16R

Quote by SteamMaster
is it just me or is that the wrong way around

Theres no set way to do tapping, I'm just assuming that he finds hammer-ons easier then pull offs, as most of us did, or still do, so I decided to add a hammer on from 5 to 8 there and then the tap.

You could do:

e|------12-----5------8--------|

or

e|-------12------8-----5-----8----|

It really doesn't matter, as long as it gets the technique up.
ah right, no problem, i just never seen it actually start at the lowest before, new one for me to throw in there, but seriously, this time last year i couldnt really tap at all, now stuff like the tapping in Eruption is a light warmup for me, all cause i watched the lessons by Kristofer Dahl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxRPQXHp9VA
Gear:

Encore Strat
Digitech RP500
Kustom Amp KGA16R

Last edited by SteamMaster at Feb 12, 2009,