I have a Ibanez with a Edge III brdige and I just recently got it set up, anyways I got it back today and I see that the bridge is on an angle, it's lower on the arm side, so I was thinking that adjusting these screws will fix it (A)

so my question is, if I do adjust those screws will my bridge go nuts and fly outta tune, or will it bee ok and still keep in tune?

here's some pics

never mind, I've found the problem, it's not sitting on the screw right, I'll take it back tomorrow and get them to fix it again
It doesn't matter, as long as the bridge is level with the body, everything is fine. Remember, the lower strings need more room to vibrate, hence it's higher.
Quote by JELIFISH19
It doesn't matter, as long as the bridge is level with the body, everything is fine. Remember, the lower strings need more room to vibrate, hence it's higher.

it does, cos when I pull up on the whammy on the higher strings the noise cuts out cos the string is hitting the frets, but dont worry cos I've found out whats wrong and I'm gonna take it back and make em fix it
Good but that diagram you have is of a ZR trem I believe.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage

No it's not, ZR doesn't have knife edges.
Quote by Stoney93
never mind, I've found the problem, it's not sitting on the screw right, I'll take it back tomorrow and get them to fix it again

You're right, I can see from the picture that the bottom knife edge isn't in the notch in the stud. Also I'm very sorry if you actually paid money for that setup. Read the sticky at the top of the forum and do it yourself.
Remember after you get it setup when you change strings it will mess up the setup the tech did for you if you don't block the trem. If you take all the strings off and let the bridge lower especially with edge 3's it's very likely to go out. It's best to put your string package box or a piece of wood or something under the bridge on top so it doesn't go down when you change strings.
Quote by hcsn2008
Remember after you get it setup when you change strings it will mess up the setup the tech did for you if you don't block the trem. If you take all the strings off and let the bridge lower especially with edge 3's it's very likely to go out. It's best to put your string package box or a piece of wood or something under the bridge on top so it doesn't go down when you change strings.

Nothing should change about the setup though besides the fact that the bridge might slant from the strings stretching. Your intonation and action will be fine after you level the bridge back out. Trust me this happened to me when I got my RG setup right after I got it my friend I bought it from had like 13's or something really heavy on it so I wanted a lighter gauge. I took it in to the tech about 4 days later it was done, I took it home, about 3 days after that the bridge was slanting a bit. I took it back to the tech and showed him the problem and he fixed it for me right away for free.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Nothing should change about the setup though besides the fact that the bridge might slant from the strings stretching. Your intonation and action will be fine after you level the bridge back out. Trust me this happened to me when I got my RG setup right after I got it my friend I bought it from had like 13's or something really heavy on it so I wanted a lighter gauge. I took it in to the tech about 4 days later it was done, I took it home, about 3 days after that the bridge was slanting a bit. I took it back to the tech and showed him the problem and he fixed it for me right away for free.

Almost all techs put something under the bridge when they take the strings off and always tell me too so the setup isn't ruined. I know on my edge 3 guitars the setup has been ruined a ton of times. A real floyd isn't as prone to it. Plus you wear out your strings twisting them and raising the bridge it stretches them and makes them like strings that are a few weeks old when they are new. It's best to keep the bridge up during a string change.
Quote by hcsn2008
Almost all techs put something under the bridge when they take the strings off and always tell me too so the setup isn't ruined. I know on my edge 3 guitars the setup has been ruined a ton of times. A real floyd isn't as prone to it. Plus you wear out your strings twisting them and raising the bridge it stretches them and makes them like strings that are a few weeks old when they are new. It's best to keep the bridge up during a string change.

Well yes I agree with you 100% there but you arent gonna ruin your setup unless the trem actually comes out of the guitar (which ive actually done before by accident).

EDIT: I never take all the strings off I do them one at a time unless I need to clean the body or the neck.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Feb 12, 2009,
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Well yes I agree with you 100% there but you arent gonna ruin your setup unless the trem actually comes out of the guitar (which ive actually done before by accident).

EDIT: I never take all the strings off I do them one at a time unless I need to clean the body or the neck.

I take the strings off because I use fretboard conditioner. But not everytime.
took it to a shop that knows what its doing and they fixed it for free! so cool beans
Quote by Lethal Dosage

Tis an Edge Pro. But he was only using it to show the studs.
Quote by Stoney93
took it to a shop that knows what its doing and they fixed it for free! so cool beans

Look at the date. I believe TS has already found a solution.