Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I've only tried the first amp, which I liked. I can't see you liking the Fender Princeton Chorus. The VTM gets high regard - never tried it. The Carvin is a quality amp, could be a winner there - is there any way to try it?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I would go with the JCM 900 deff has that 90 rock sound. THe princeton prolly wouldnt be a good choice. ands the 4th link doesn't wo0rk for me
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Now i got it to work. The Carvin is solid would work well espicaly with some effects before it.

Personally the JCM900 is an absolute classic amp that many bands play. So I would go with that.
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
never heard of carvin - but a 100w valve is going to give you hearing damage...

for mod rock - noise i'd say the marshall or peavey, they both have plenty of bite. fenders have a more bluesy tone (esp as this is based on a 60's amp)
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by gregs1020
I've only tried the first amp, which I liked. I can't see you liking the Fender Princeton Chorus. The VTM gets high regard - never tried it. The Carvin is a quality amp, could be a winner there - is there any way to try it?

I like the JCM900 too, but it's probably a bit expensive for me. The VTM I know to be a JCM800 on steroids, so with the right mods and a powertube change can get me that Smashing Pumpkins clean sound I'm so obsessed with.

The Carvin looks cool too, unfortunately it's in Christchurch which is the wrong island so I can't try it.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by doive
never heard of carvin - but a 100w valve is going to give you hearing damage...

for mod rock - noise i'd say the marshall or peavey, they both have plenty of bite. fenders have a more bluesy tone (esp as this is based on a 60's amp)

I don't mind keeping it at 1 when I'm in my bedroom.

So I've pretty much decided to ignore the Princeton Chorus.
Quote by Cathbard
All I question on the Carvin is whether it will have enough gain on tap for what you want to play. If you are boosting it - then that's another story. The JCM900 could be more versatile overall. Again, I can't speak to the VTM but it sounds like you have some experience with it.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
the vtm sounds great once you find your sound with it, but there's only one channel, so be aware of that. i think either the vtm or the jcm900 would be your best bet. the vtm is great for noise-rock stuff.
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.