Not bad, but I was expecting it to sound way more different and interesting.

It might work better with other pieces or songs.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
I may have exagerated slightly with the title
But the fact that it even makes sense harmonically in the first place is pretty amazing, isn't it?
The thing about Bach's music is they way he wrote it. Everything he wrote was extremely formulaic and intentional. Every Bach piece has a very specific key with very intentional patterns to the chord progressions. That's why messing around like that works so well. Composers actually used some of those methods themselves to create a "theme and variations". The variations would be things like play the melody backwards, upsidedown, or upsidedown and backward.
Quote by Hambone Noland
The thing about Bach's music is they way he wrote it. Everything he wrote was extremely formulaic and intentional. Every Bach piece has a very specific key with very intentional patterns to the chord progressions. That's why messing around like that works so well. Composers actually used some of those methods themselves to create a "theme and variations". The variations would be things like play the melody backwards, upsidedown, or upsidedown and backward.

this. although he did break the "formula" quite a bit.
Agreed, it's not superb to listen to but it's brilliant musical songwriting. However, I doubt Bach intended it to be more than just an musical exercise. The crab canon was designed to have this reversabilty.
wouldn't the mobius strip thing be the same as just playing it forwards and backwards simultaneously?