Hi people,
I'm the ashame owner of a Epiphone SG special and its pickups sucks so i would like to change it. I found 2 possibilities

1- Change the whole guitar
2- Change only the pickups

I want to know which one is the best and what should i buy
I'm a metal player, i use to play Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden and stuff like that.

Price range is under 700$
Current amp?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
EMG's ftw

Also, all you really need to make it a good guitar is add new tuners (Grover's man, grovers).

And have it set up
Quote by McShredder
EMG's ftw

Also, all you really need to make it a good guitar is add new tuners (Grover's man, grovers).

And have it set up

Don't epi's already come with grovers?
My current amp is a small Marshall mg15cd but the problem is not the cuz a friend try his shecter on it and its sounds great

It's a really cheap guitar so if i have to change both pickups and tuners is better to just buy an other one?

I though about a jackson dk2m(w/ Emg pikups) or an ESP something, r they great?
Quote by hellsrocker
My current amp is a small Marshall mg15cd but the problem is not the cuz a friend try his shecter on it and its sounds great

It's a really cheap guitar so if i have to change both pickups and tuners is better to just buy an other one?

I though about a jackson dk2m(w/ Emg pikups) or an ESP something, r they great?

wroooong, it IS your amp, seriously he probably just has higher output p/us thats why it sounds 'better', lemmie guess he got better distortion.
if you have 700 i recommend either a Bugera 6206 or B-52 of some sort. good bang for buck amps with great metal voicing.
Don't even think about using EMG pickups with that MG. That's asking for trouble.

Change that amp first. I'm not saying your Epi Special will suddenly sound like a precision-crafted Gibson, but it will sound much better. Marshall MGs are not good amps. Hell they're not even average amps.

With the money you have you could get a reall nice tube amp which will improve your tone vastly and you'd still have a bit of money left over you could put into a better guitar, a pedal or two, etc. On the other hand with your current amp, changing pickups will make sod-all difference.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
The thing about my amp is that, currently, i'm living and France and i'll go back in Canada in a year or two and Europe is 220v which is different in Canada (110v) So i don't want to put my money in an amp that i'll have to change in 1 year

I prefer to invest in a guitar that i'll bring with me to Canada or put new pickups on the one i have presently

About the amp i've thought about a bugera but i don't know the difference between the 6262, 333 and 333xl Do sb know?